Adoptable Children

nalleha

:blink: I want my pc to become a parent NOT a pedo scc is boring you dont get the response other than the usual line of companions and ofcourse it should be karmabound so evil caracters cant adopt :thumbsup:

the pedo thing was just a joke aimed at Zeonic Glory, I would never think of accusing you of wrong innapropriate intentions

but anyways, you still havn't really explained exactly what you want...

do you want them to just follow you around like a companion or do you want them to stay home and wait for you to come back...

or do you just want someone to add more dialogue?

The simple thing is, depending on what exactly you want, I may think about incorporateing it into my mod, but I need more details and such. I am currently building a town, and I have two open buildings I am going to have open for stuff to add on, and it could very well be used for you to build a Wasteland Orphanage, or I could put a room in your house to keep whatever kids need a home or something...

But don't you understand how little "I want to addopt a kid" tells me... how do you want it implemented into gameplay?

Lhammonds,

If you are VERY fast, you can shoot Burke before he kills the sheriff. You sometimes have to save before and try a couple times.

Tony,

I think what he means is someone you take home, and care for. Maybe you have to bring them food from time to time. With some serious scripting you could have "parental talks" with them. Possibly to include minor Karma rewards for being a wise parent.

No serious parent would ever take a child the kind of places the player goes.

PS, in the military it's a known fact, that sometimes good intentions aren't enough. You have to pay attention to how what you do or say will look like to other people.

The game is overall very depressing and having an option to help the next generation of people would be a wonderful thing. Especially if you can influence their behavior towards being a "guardian of the peace" or "destroyer of nations."

LHammonds

Can not agree more but you're too kind with depressing, dystopic would be a more nailed description, I got the feeling after some rounds that what ever you do or try to achieve it's a waste. People around you will not gain the prospering benefits of your deeds, there is no way of "saving" people to be or get something better to live for, there is no evolving dynamic at all, it's to static. The idea of adoptable child or even extended to teen to raise and train to be successors and make difference in this after world is a really thrilling idea, but I think that will need some heavy scripting and revamp of the basic FO3 play setup.

Although to be on topic IF there was this kind of mod available would people like something like a Sims approach to raise and get a lot of treats to push or pull the outcome of the parenting? It reminds me of the parenting in The Witcher of the young boy (forgot the name) but you had the options to be kind of strict or sloppy, never found out if that made any bigger difference but you got the options to be a good or bad parent :smile:

Would be interesting to know what options to select among would appeal to people if a mod like this was available?

Lhammonds,

If you are VERY fast, you can shoot Burke before he kills the sheriff. You sometimes have to save before and try a couple times.

Neccisarly, you dont even have to wait for Burke to attempt to assasinate the Sheriff, since he's an evil character and you gain good Karma for killing him you can just walk up to him and blow his brains out vigilante style. Back on topic, if i knew how to actually mod this well i would, but as of now, im fully devoted to figuring ot how to create custom terminals.

The game is overall very depressing and having an option to help the next generation of people would be a wonderful thing. Especially if you can influence their behavior towards being a "guardian of the peace" or "destroyer of nations."

LHammonds

Can not agree more but you're too kind with depressing, dystopic would be a more nailed description, I got the feeling after some rounds that what ever you do or try to achieve it's a waste. People around you will not gain the prospering benefits of your deeds, there is no way of "saving" people to be or get something better to live for, there is no evolving dynamic at all, it's to static. The idea of adoptable child or even extended to teen to raise and train to be successors and make difference in this after world is a really thrilling idea, but I think that will need some heavy scripting and revamp of the basic FO3 play setup.

Although to be on topic IF there was this kind of mod available would people like something like a Sims approach to raise and get a lot of treats to push or pull the outcome of the parenting? It reminds me of the parenting in The Witcher of the young boy (forgot the name) but you had the options to be kind of strict or sloppy, never found out if that made any bigger difference but you got the options to be a good or bad parent :smile:

Would be interesting to know what options to select among would appeal to people if a mod like this was available?

The whole concept of haveing people prosper from what you do, and createing a beakon of hope in the Wasteland is the whole idea behind the mod I am working on. Haveing a dynamic and evolving town that changes depending on what the player does...

I already have extra rooms in the player house I am building, and I could have the kid work on the farm during the day, so when you come back at night he will have stuff done and help you out.

I however don't know how to make dialogue or script characters to do stuff...

I could also build the orphanage in one of my two empty buildings in my town if anyone would be willing to work on the dialogue and quest aspect of it

Adopting and child? Now that's an interesting idea, could have some use of a child messing up my Megaton House so I can nag and yell and all that. :woot:

I mean extensions of the talking script and of course they would stay at home . exept for when the pc finds them and allso offer megaton angel Nova to become a nanny instead :unsure:

Oops i forgot the that u couldnt use the "W"-word here sorry :whistling: