Ok I'm gonna need some help if I'm gonna get this Mandalorian

GarbagePickles

So now I have Blender, niftools and nifskope, all work properly, I have the G.E.C.K. don't actually know if I need it. But I'm trying to convert Oblivion .nifs to Fallout .nifs, I can import the .nif into blender but I don't know how to save as anything but .nif, how do I distinguish it as a Fallout .nif and not an Oblivion .nif.

So now I have Blender, niftools and nifskope, all work properly, I have the G.E.C.K. don't actually know if I need it. But I'm trying to convert Oblivion .nifs to Fallout .nifs, I can import the .nif into blender but I don't know how to save as anything but .nif, how do I distinguish it as a Fallout .nif and not an Oblivion .nif.

theres realy no point in doing all that.

you can open 2 nifscopes & swap the oblivion mesh for a fallout3 one.

even if you do change them via blender you will still need to nif them.

yup. although copying and pasting ob data into fo3 nifs generates error messages, they can usually be ignored... the only thing you may have to redo in the 3d program is character bodies, since the skelly is a lil different in fo3. Also with dismemberment support, that obliv doesnt have. That part needs to be done in your 3dprogram.

To choose whether your 3dprogram spits out a fallout or oblivion nif, its in your Export window. When you export your stuff, at the top of the export window is the game type. pick whichever game you are intending it to go to and thar ya go.

Alright, I think I get, open up one nifskope with the oblivion .nifs and another with any fallout .nifs and then I copy and paste the object data into the fallout .nif nifskope replacing the fallout .nif, now to give it a try. Also blender doesn't seem to have a fallout option, it has oblivion and a bunch of other games but no fallout.

I appreciate the help you guys are giving me and you will get Kudos appropriately.

UPDATE

I see now the package I downloaded does not have nifscripts 2.3.13 and there is nowhere to download as they've been removed.

For some reason Nifskope cannot open the fallout .nifs it just comes with a little box on the side detailing the errors and displays nothing also when I try to copy and paste it says that the clipboard data is from an earlier version of Nifskope So do I need to downgrade to an earlier Nifskope?

you probably dont have the latest version of nifskope and niftools, if you dont see fallout options.

head over to the niftools site and download the latest. I would hazard a guess you arleady have an old version, a very old version at that...

you are correct I'm using a nifskope and niftools that come with an oblivion package, I discovered that I need niftools 2.3.13 and the latest nifskope, sadly all of the downloads have been taken down, I made a topic asking for someone to host it on a file sharing website but so far nothing.

2.4 blender plugin: http://sourceforge.net/projects/niftools/files/

latest nifskope:

http://modder.ucoz.ru/load/1-1-0-78

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Gr.../NifSkope.shtml

results of a google search, took 10 seconds :)

@quetz try downloading anything but blender scripts and you get an Error code page instead. I posted mirrors for those who dont know how to google :)