Creating a new ''world''

Deleted535964User

hello beloved modders, i'm so happy for your mods, that i've decided to pay my dept. wether you want it or not :P

Anyways, I'm taking water above my head as usual, and this time, I want to make a new place to venture. like in the Pitt or Point lookout. By the concept that you get there somehow, by some sort of transport, like the boat to point lookout where you just go to sleep, and swoosh, you're there.

And not least, quick travel options, so that you can travel faster between places.

Se my whole idea is creating an entire city, underground. I want it apart from the original map, i want to give it its own map, so that you can quick-travel between each part of the city much faster. And ofcourse I plan it alittle big.

So if someone of you modders out there, would be kind to turn your attention here, just for a little minute or two, and help me out here. Then I'll try to make it worth your while ;)

Hmm. It's a col ide. I love mods that add new places to explore I don't care how many of them there are. Though I'm not sure exactly waht you're asking for.

The best advice I can give you is to folow the tutorial on the geck site here: http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Bethsof...rial_GECK_Setup

IT walks you through making a vault, which would be almost exactly like an underground area, but maybe using some different pieces.

Read through that, gogle some more falout 3 modding tutorials and then when you have specific questions the community here will be a little more able to help. :) Good luck.

First, you have to plan the whole thing out, otherwise you are doomed to fail... What exactly is you goal?

you need more specifics... not I want you to get to some place by takeing some sort of transport and I want it to have places you can quick travel too... o, and it is underground

Here are some questions you need to answer

1. Why is the city underground?

2. Why should I even care about this city? What makes it different than all the other cities out there?

3. What is going wrong with this city, and why should I spend my valuable time helping it out?

Once you get that figured out, then you will be getting somewhere

I would gladly help you brainstorm, but I just don't have any idea what you even want to do...

at the top of the mod talk section is a few stickied posts with links to answer each and every single one of your questions, as well as questions you havent asked yet, but everyone ends up asking :)

Look through all of em, follow the links, it should keep you busy for a few weeks minimum, theres SO much stuff to pore over. Get to it!

First, you have to plan the whole thing out, otherwise you are doomed to fail... What exactly is you goal?

you need more specifics... not I want you to get to some place by takeing some sort of transport and I want it to have places you can quick travel too... o, and it is underground

Here are some questions you need to answer

1. Why is the city underground?

2. Why should I even care about this city? What makes it different than all the other cities out there?

3. What is going wrong with this city, and why should I spend my valuable time helping it out?

Once you get that figured out, then you will be getting somewhere

I would gladly help you brainstorm, but I just don't have any idea what you even want to do...

okay, I don't exaclty get, how you got what i wrote. But maybe if I point out more specificaly what I need help with, then maybe, you can help :

I know the basics, I am not completely helpless, though it could seem like that.

1: how do you make an Entire new world space, that isn't connected to the Capital Wasteland, as we venture through all the time, I want it to be quite stand alone, like the Reykjavik mod, the Pitt DLC, The Anchorage DLC, Point Lookout DLC. I just want it to have it's own world space, where I can play god, and make my little world, quick travel, and an own map look.

2: yes why underground, well it's an idea I have, and I personally like that idea too good to drop it. Also I'm going to add quests, dialogs, so on, and so forth. To give that city a little story. Man, if I wanted it the size of Megaton, I wouldn't be posting this topic. Think of it as Atlantis, the city lost in the dark depths of the ocean.

3: well, creating the buildings, is beginning to be a peace of cake now. interiors and all that, is no big task.

But I wonder, how will I be able to link, the capital Wasteland, with, ''this underground city'' of mine. What i was thinking of, was a quest, where you need to go and collect parts for the train which are going to take you underground. And that I either, will put a door there as an activator : like this *clicking on the door* ''This train will take you deep into the earth, to a place no one in the world above knows about.'' and there you get the question, Wanna travel, or don't. (that is not what I will write, it was just an example) or a chair, or maybe a bed like in point lookout. it depends on which item i can do it on.

Do you get where I'm heading. ?

The plans, are not, quite ready to the detail like, that lamp will be there, and the stove should be there. But apart from that, it's all pretty covered.

Thanks for the reply anyway ;)

Planning everything out in advance is not entirely necessary, in my opinion. That is an analytical approach, and it is only one possible successful method. Of course, an analytical personality believes that an analytical approach is "the best way", otherwise they wouldn't do it. Analytical types have their virtues. Improvising on the fly is maybe not one of them. Adapt and overcome is my motto.

There has never been a novel written that was thoroughly thought out in advance. Just an outline of your intent is really enough. That has been my approach and I am putting the finishing touches on my own town. I have improvised a great deal, discarded some ideas while adopting new plans along the way. I have found this forum to be an invaluable help. I don't really think that you CAN plan everything out in advance because you really have no idea just what you are getting yourself into if you have never worked with the GECK, even if you have modded before in other games.

The advice to search threads for information is sound. You are not the first person to ask those questions. The best advice that I have gotten has often been a direction where I can search.

To really pull off what you are proposing will likely take months of your time, especially if you are working independently. That IS something that you will need to plan on.

Planning everything out in advance is not entirely necessary, in my opinion. That is an analytical approach, and it is only one possible successful method. Of course, an analytical personality believes that an analytical approach is "the best way", otherwise they wouldn't do it. Analytical types have their virtues. Improvising on the fly is maybe not one of them. Adapt and overcome is my motto.

There has never been a novel written that was thoroughly thought out in advance. Just an outline of your intent is really enough. That has been my approach and I am putting the finishing touches on my own town. I have improvised a great deal, discarded some ideas while adopting new plans along the way. I have found this forum to be an invaluable help. I don't really think that you CAN plan everything out in advance because you really have no idea just what you are getting yourself into if you have never worked with the GECK, even if you have modded before in other games.

The advice to search threads for information is sound. You are not the first person to ask those questions. The best advice that I have gotten has often been a direction where I can search.

To really pull off what you are proposing will likely take months of your time, especially if you are working independently. That IS something that you will need to plan on.

Sure, improvising is one of the things I know I will have to alot, since my ''plan'', was just roughly, as i said i do not have the exact details like, this lamp there, and this stove there. Which I in turn mean that, I'am not, 100% confident on how it will look, as I place the jigsaws together. But the end result, will show what puzzle I really put together.

Months, yeah, I think I know what I'am heading towards. I have made vaults, and houses, and placed furnaces in them, and made dialogs. Also small ''quests'' to help you obtain the entry key, for your house.

But I'm alittle bit tired of this 1 week max job, I want to do something bigger, so I will search here and there, and se if I find the answers I need. Maybe the global travel system would be good to have.

Anyways, if you could point me to some of your sources, then maybe they would be a valuable lesson.

that's when you can say: You never get to old, to learn something new.

thanks in advance.