Giant red blocks with ! marks in them.

I am having a lot of trouble with mods such as the Mini hideout, and the Argent Bat, to name a couple. I am getting the giant error blocks instead of useable items and such, and I don't know why. I have archiveinvalidation invalidated! on, as well as the FOSE, but I still cannot get them to work. Can someone help me with this? Maybe I am missing something.

The <!> blocks mean that the meshes aren't in the directory locations on your computer that the plug-in expects them to be. Recheck any readme files that came with the mods to make sure that you expanded them in the correct location.

The <!> blocks mean that the meshes aren't in the directory locations on your computer that the plug-in expects them to be. Recheck any readme files that came with the mods to make sure that you expanded them in the correct location.

Could that be because I renamed the file folders? (I already had folders that said textures and meshes, and these are not labeled specifically so I added to the folder names) If so, how am I supposed to put them in?

If the meshes and textures are not in the meshes and textures folders then they are invisible to the game, so yes, renaming the folders was the problem. They are default directories.

If you already have folders named meshes and textures, expanding new folders with the same name should not erase what is already in the old folders, unless new files have exactly the same file names as existing files. Even then, Windows should warn you of that situation and ask if you want to overwrite before doing it.

A properly zipped folder should expand files into all the right subdirectories without the need of renaming or relocating anything. If you are nervous about the process, then backup your existing folders somewhere; in another directory, on a flash drive or disk. Then expand the new files as described in the accompanying readme file ( assuming that there is one, it's common practice ). If something goes wrong, then you can always undo it with your backed up files.

Chances are, it will all work properly and your warning <!> symbols will go away and be replaced by the right stuff.