How to find the object ID of custom things

Crockeoeo

Well, although it's mostly in the name I'll explain it a little more...

When I make a spell, like an unlock, pay bounty, and resurrect spell (not all in one) the object ID when I hover over it is always 01000XXX (the three Xs stand for 3 numbers and letters that are different.) One is 01000CE3, but when I go in to Oblivion and type in the console player.addspell 01000CE3 it says that it isn't a correct form ID. So to sum it all up, how do you get the object/form ID of a custom made item or spell?

ahh, the great form-id's :)..

Those first two numbers '01' say which mod it is referencing to inside the load-order.

When you are in CS, it will always say 01 when you make a mod using oblivion.esm (only)

And inside scripts and such you should always stick to the number that is displayed inside CS.

The number of your mod inside the game , depends on you load order.

If its activated mod # 3 it will be 03(000CE3).

If you say 01 instead of 03, it will look for your spell in the first esp. So it says..no its not there...

If you have a few mods. Trying the number goes the fastest way.. like using 01- 06 before it,

If you have quite some mods. Using your/a mod manager to find the number goes faster :).

• 2 years later...

I'm having trouble with this also.

I created two custom items of my own, in my own .esp, based off of the glass bow and glass arrow.

They have CS Ref ID's of 01007555 & 01007556.

OBMM's new conflict detector tells me the Object ID's of 33007555 & 33007556.

When I start a new game and type player.additem '33007555' or '33007556' 1, I'm told the item was not found.

see image links below to see exactly what is going on.

http://s1.postimage.org/7hmgv4pxd/image.png

http://s3.postimage.org/9mk0k637l/image.png

http://s1.postimage.org/7hnnv3qrl/image.png

http://s3.postimage.org/9mm7xyqwx/ingame.png

What is going wrong and how do I fix it?

So, I created a sack container, put it in the starting prison cell, then put the bow and arrow inside.

Picked them up in game then dropped them, opened the console and clicked on them. The values I got from doing this were 0001fc1a for the bow and ff000800 for the arrow. The console didn't show their names though, just "" then the id's.

So, I don't have a clue how you figure out item id's, it is all greek to me....

fat lot of good this forum is for anyone with a problem, plenty of people view the thread, but none can say anything.......

Good job I figured it out for myself!

Most likely the people who viewed either didn't know, or were looking for answers themselves. Since you fixed it yourself, why not contribute to the community here and tell how you did it?

I already have explained how I did it. See post 5.

You have to add the objects into the world before you can find their item id. Maybe someone knows a better way than that (but if they do, they aren't sharing that way in this thread, given the amount of mods written for Oblivion already I wouldn't have thought that this is rare information).

• 10 years later...

Hey!! So I've been struggling with this exact topic for a long time, I've been trying to use the XXYYYYYY formula (wherein XX represents load order in hexadecimal format given by TES4edit) and YYYYYY represents formID (given by TES4edit or Construction Set, since they're the same number).

It NEVER worked for me. Rather, it only worked for me for items from my mods up until load order # 09; when I tried to add items from my mods from load order # 0A and beyond it would NOT work.

SO I finally found a mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/16704 called Find FormID (you'll need OBSE for this to work properly) and FINALLY the items from mods display using the CORRECT mod load order.

For example, for one of my mods TES4edit gave the load order as A7. I would type in player.additem A7YYYYYY (YYYYYY being the form ID) into the console and an error message would always pop up saying the item couldn't be added. I enabled the above mod and when I click on it in the world, it has the mod load order number of A3!! Wtf?!

Not sure why this happens, but the correct load order always seems to be a LITTLE off compared to load orders shown in TES4edit.

So if you're looking to add an item from a mod that, let's say, you can't find in the world (maybe due to conflicts or whatever, I'm not a modder so I'm definitely not going into TES4edit and trying to alter stuff on my own), download and install the above mod. Then, if you have another item from the mod (from which you want to add an item) in your inventory just drop the item, press alt and then right click on it, and a scroll will pop up with the CORRECT objectID number. Type in player.additem then the correct objectID number given by the FormID Finder mod, and the number of the item in question that you want to have. Example: "player.additem A300315f 20" Voila!

Anyway, I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to most modding jargon, I just love Oblivion and love playing with mods, so finding this mod was a godsend for me. I hope this helps someone else!