Fewer unsustainable people aka raiders and slavers

Warll

If raiders and slavers steel kill and enslave for a living how on earth is it that they outnumber the amount of civil and productive humans? If the player kills off a "clan" of raiders that "clan" should be devastated yet it seems like there is an unlimited pool of new raiders. Not to mention the massive gap between means of food production and consumption. Why is it that nearly every raider camp has raiders living there? The wasteland has been a waste land for many many generations, over this period of time raiders/salvers should have moved around a lot leaving "bases" behind. The same goes double for super mutants, since it takes many trys to come out with a "success".

What I would like to see is a mod that depopulates the wastes. Thinking it over this could be done by lastly reducing the amount of re-spawning raiders and removing raiders/slavers entry from some bases. The super mutants should also see their numbers reduced, for instance in the story their attempts at taking the capital area should have failed once the player whips them out so no re-spawns for them. Random encounters should be left since they are reasonable and the game would be less for their disappearance.

Now I realize that what I have brought up would be a lot of work. Personally I would be happy with a "hack" to get some of the same effect, for instance is there some way to change in-mass the spawn points to not respawn? How about a script that disables every second raider/slaver/super mutant/talon company merc you run into?

What got me thinking was that I was contemplating creating a new character and using some of the great mods to change the wasteland experience, but my biggest beef with the wasteland is how impossible the economics and population density are. I can see why Beth made the game like they did, but on my play through I don't want to go around re-killing every raider in the game in an attempt to make the wasteland better place only to have more respawn.