Infinite count?

Akul5

I have trekked many websites; explored many forums; searched and discovered. However, I have not found my question ANYWHERE I have looked.

My questions is simple, yet specific: is there a way to mod a container (or items in that container) to have an infinite count?

I have downloaded

-ttomwv's RR Companion Vault (http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3644) and

-X Flipster X's A Item Room (http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5478).

I would like to have a place to go (particularly those mod locations) to get as many of whatever items (weapons, armor, ammo, etc.) that I need.

I am surprised that something similar has not been asked. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Akul5

My questions is simple, yet specific: is there a way to mod a container (or items in that container) to have an infinite count?

How about an object script that includes:

if (ContainerREF.GetItemCount Caps001 < 1000 )
 ContainerREF.AddItem Caps001 1000
endif

I think that would replenish the supply the next time it is opened, making it inexhaustible if not literally infinite.

Infinity is not a number with a digitally computational representation to the best of my knowledge.

How about an object script that includes:

if (ContainerREF.GetItemCount Caps001 < 1000 )
 ContainerREF.AddItem Caps001 1000
endif

That would probably suffice for the intended purposes. Would there be a way to edit that so the number never climbs above a certain number. For instance, I don't want to take 1 ___ and it add 1000 ___ each time. I would lke to restrict the max quantity of that object, if possible.

Infinity is not a number with a digitally computational representation to the best of my knowledge.

I know that a 3D engine cannot (at least in this age) create infinite objects. I suppose what I meant was, in essense, what your object script does: make the appearance of infinity by never becoming empty.

int maxCount
int currentCount
int subtraction

set maxCount to 1000
set currentCount to containerRef.GetItemCount Caps001
set subtraction to maxCount - currentCount

if (if subtraction > 0 )
 ContainerREF.AddItem Caps001 subtraction
endif

that should serve your needs.

Also, usually in order to represent infinity we set an int to a negative number such as -1(maybe a separate boolean if we plan on having negative numbers). But that's usually decided by the people who made the game engine, so that's not a possibility in the geck. At least not to my knowledge.

int maxCount
int currentCount
int subtraction

set maxCount to 1000
set currentCount to containerRef.GetItemCount Caps001
set subtraction to maxCount - currentCount

if (if subtraction > 0 )
endif

that should serve your needs.

Thanks. What Begin blocktype would the object script have? (Sorry, I'm new-ish to the ESM/ESP modding scene.)

Also, usually in order to represent infinity we set an int to a negative number such as -1(maybe a separate boolean if we plan on having negative numbers). But that's usually decided by the people who made the game engine, so that's not a possibility in the geck. At least not to my knowledge.

Yeah. I realized that GECK uses -1 to mean items that cannot be dropped/sold from the inventory. Do they not utilize any other boolean for infinity? My assumption is that they don't since there is no infinity in the original/unmodded game content (that I know of).

remove the if statement from within the brackets.

So you mean to create:

if
endif

When I do that, I obviously get:

SCRIPTS: Script 'InfItem', line 13:
Syntax Error. No condition specified for 'if' or 'elseif'.