Oblivion Crash Error

SirMagus

Whenever I play the game and I'm in the middle of something,

my game sometimes closes and I get the "Program had to close.. bla bla bla..."

It also closes when my char levels.

I go to the bed, sleep, wake up, leveling screen appears, choose 3 attributes.

When I click the button to get me away from the leveling screen the game closes.

Actually, I found out that it was a mod that did it, but I currently don't know which mod it is.

But still,. why would a mod do that?

I also have another problem, the BSA files I have don't seem to have the Khajiit voice files in them,

so if anyone could upload the voice files for the Khajiit or something like that, that itself would be a big help.

Whenever I play the game and I'm in the middle of something,

my game sometimes closes and I get the "Program had to close.. bla bla bla..."

It also closes when my char levels.

I go to the bed, sleep, wake up, leveling screen appears, choose 3 attributes.

When I click the button to get me away from the leveling screen the game closes.

Actually, I found out that it was a mod that did it, but I currently don't know which mod it is.

But still,. why would a mod do tha

I also have another problem, the BSA files I have don't seem to have the Khajiit voice files in them,

so if anyone could upload the voice files for the Khajiit or something like that, that itself would be a big help.

More than likly a load order problem.Try this!

General Load-Order Guidelines

Here are the guidelines that I adhere to, personally.

~ Unofficial Oblivon Patch should always be first on the list. The fixes are great, but most aren't essential, so if a mod overwrites them its not a big deal, and the fixes have the potential for screwing up other mods if loaded later.

~ Offical Content (DLC's) should be loaded last, until you complete all quests associated with them (that includes buying all furniture for the houses and whatnot). Once they're complete, they can be safely moved up in the list. This is especially important for Knights of the Nine, which will have some fairly major problems unless loaded last (unless you get the UOP for KotN)

~ Major overhaul mods (OOO, Frans, MMM) should be loaded near the end. That gives you the most complete experience with any of those particular mods. It also lets you carefully choose which other mods to load afterwards... only move mods that you know will conflict and that you want the changes from. For example, I have Improved Soul Gems below OOO because I know that OOO changes the icons of some of the SG's, and ISG needs to be below to show through.

Some people will recommend putting larger mods first, but personally I disagree. There are a number of mods out there that make minor tweaks, and loading after a large mod will end up completely overwriting a chunk from one of the bigger mods because of the way conflicts work in Oblivion (even one minor change will take precedence over the entire record... for example, simply tweaking the speed of a weapon can cause every stat of that weapon to be retained to vanilla levels if loaded later).

So basically, it stacks up like this...

Oblivion.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

<Minor Mods / DLC's (Post-Completion)>

<Major Overhaul Mod/Mods>

<Mods that specifically conflict with overhauls and need to take precedence>

<DLC's (Pre-Completion)>

Note: If using Mayu's Overhaul Mod. I recommend loading it after OOO or MMM

Expanded Load-Order Guidelines

by dev_akm

I would extend this to include:

Oblivion.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

<Weather/Environment/Sound Mods>

<Minor Mods/New Items/Houses/DLC's (Post-Completion)>

<Major Overhaul Mods>

<Mods that specifically conflict with overhauls and need to take precedence>

<DLC's (Pre-Completion)>

<Quests>

<Compatibility Patches/UOMP/Merged Leveled Lists>

And a special-case warning for Knights.esp (Knights of the Nine) -- you may not be able to move it earlier than some other mods (some people have had problems after moving it before OOO, for example).

That's basically the structure I use and I have 140+ mods working well together.

Another way of describing this (posted by DMan77):

Oblivion

unoffical patch

Deeper realism mods that add sights and sounds

added content like weapons/items

gameplay changes, like 'must eat and sleep'

The OOO type

the 'new begining' type mod..

What do you mean by that?

I can change the loading order of them?

If so, How?

I also think I figured out which mod did it.

If it isn't a loading problem, then it must be the AncientTowers mod.

I went through my mods with the Oblivion Launcher and clicked off sections of mods and tried the game with the different settings.

Until I found the mod that wasn't working.