Cracks between the walls

elbrop

I'm working on my first mod (a simple Vault, mainly to learn the basics) and one annoying problem I've found is that sometimes two sections that slot together still leave a small visible crack through which you can see the void. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? (I suspect I'm missing something basic so sorry if this is a real noob problem)

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8881/wallcrack.jpg

It's possible but my mouse controls aren't that sensitive (or too sensative) so if I use the free movement option rather than the snap-to-grid I find it almost impossible to get the two sections aligned perfectly. It also means every other section gets slightly our of whack, meaning I start having to adjust every piece, which is frankly a nightmare to contemplate.

If you open an edit window for one of your room pieces you can adjust the position of it to extremely high precision, down to 4 decimal places. You have X. Y. and Z coordinates for both position and rotation.

Also, if you change your first key piece from Position coordinates like ( x = 2099.4111, y = 2030.7562, z = 6759.5210 ) a little bit, to something more like ( x = 2100.0000, y = 2030.0000, z = 6760.0000 ) then your snap to grid functions will have a much easier time aligning other pieces to it. Same thing goes for Rotation coordinates.

The easiest way to "attach" these pieces would be to use the GECK's "Snap to reference" feature. This official YouTube tutorial explains how to use the feature -

Cipscis

Awesome! This did the trick perfectly thanks. In the end I had to realign every cell but it only took about 20min, and the changes were small enough that I didn't have to alter any clutter apart from some posters.