no textures in NifSkope

zachm07

i just started with modeling and texturing so sorry if the answer to this is obvious.

when i load a mesh, the textures aren't on it. i made sure i checked the texture box in the render settings and i auto-detected the game path and oblivion came up.

any ideas what to do?

Are you sure that those are your paths? (of your new textures.)

It depends on what you're doing. Your own textures/changes are in other paths..

I have the .bsa selected.

But also the C:\Alternate Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data

and .\textures

Yours may be: C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data

i find clicking on the texture on the meshe and useing the choose texture and reloading the same texture will work, this happens to me as well with morrowind textures when using nifskope.

Are you sure that those are your game-paths?

It depends on what you're doing. Your own textures/changes are in other paths..

I have the .bsa selected.

But also the C:\Alternate Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data

and

yours may be: C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data

yea i have C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data.

i dont have an option for the .bsa

i find clicking on the texture on the meshe and useing the choose texture and reloading the same texture will work, this happens to me as well with morrowind textures when using nifskope.

i don't understand what your saying. there is no texture on the mesh.

if you look on the tree to side which lists the parts of the mesh you will find a section for each part of the mesh, so in case of a jacket the sleeves and the main body for each of these is a trishape and also the texture which goes with it, i you right click on the texture name/path you will get small list at the top of which is the option choose, if you click on this you can choose the texture it uses and in this way you can get the original texture to be used instead o it appearing as a white shape. sorry i didn't really explain myself in my first post.

if you look on the tree to side which lists the parts of the mesh you will find a section for each part of the mesh, so in case of a jacket the sleeves and the main body for each of these is a trishape and also the texture which goes with it, i you right click on the texture name/path you will get small list at the top of which is the option choose, if you click on this you can choose the texture it uses and in this way you can get the original texture to be used instead o it appearing as a white shape. sorry i didn't really explain myself in my first post.

i see the tree and the names of the parts but theres no texture that goes with it. when i right-click on the part thought there a texture tab which says edit UV and export template.

you can change the tree to block form in view if i remmember correctly and this is easier to find the texture name/path sections in generally you will see oblivion/... for the mod and this is what you should right click on. also on the tree you should have little + signs by parts of mesh click on these to get more bits of the mesh. hope this is of some help.