Removing the start sequence?

cptkrush

I'm kind of new to modding this game, but what i eventually want to achieve involves removing the Vault 101 start area and quest, in order to create a total conversion, is this possible? if so, is there an article or tutorial on how to set up a clean slate, I have tried searching, but i really don't know how to word it. Thanks for any help, i just would like to know if using the G.E.C.K. would allow me to do this or if i should just give up on it. Also, i'm very sorry if this has been answered, i checked the F.A.Q.s but didn't find anything there.

Well, sort of, I mean im talking way into the future after i know how to actually efficiently use the GECK. I want to know if you can just wipe the whole game and make a totally new concept as a total conversion, thus removing all vaults, and anything Fallout related in general in order to make a whole new experience, or is this not possible at all, because i love the gameplay mechanics and everything, and i would like to be able to just create something totally unique with it.

SO you mean like taking an eraser to Fallout and making something of you own total creation?

Well, thats certainly is a mammoth undertaking, one which im not entirely sure is possible.

Its definately possible to branch off and make a totally new world to play, without whiping out the current fallout world.

This mod for Oblivion is huge from what I understand.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25023

So the new landscapes can be done.

Same with new creatures. But whipping out everything and starting over with only game mechanics spared would take an insurpassible amount of time. Not to mention all the conflicts with existing mods.

i understand the time issue, but it's not a concern, i feel it is something i could learn from and have fun doing. conflicts with existing mods really dont concern me, i wouldn't release the mod unless i really felt it was high quality. However, if i would release it, aren't mods an option you can choose to toggle on and off? But thank you for the ideas. Maybe i could get away with it by putting it off to the side of the world.

I don't think you do understand the time issue...

Ah you seem to have an idea of the time for such an undertaking. Ive never done a mod like that before, dont know anything about modeling and stuff, but Im guessin you do lol.

So what would be a good estimate of the time required to make that happen?

Out of curiosity lol

I don't think you do understand the time issue...

Ah you seem to have an idea of the time for such an undertaking. Ive never done a mod like that before, dont know anything about modeling and stuff, but Im guessin you do lol.

So what would be a good estimate of the time required to make that happen?

Out of curiosity lol

I actualy havn't made a mod of that scale myself

But the amount of work would be increddible... there is a reason current generation games have about 100 people working on a game for 3 years before it is released... You do have to take into account that all the game engine and programming stuff is already done, but it would still take ages to get everything built.

I am simply building a town of 14 buildings, and it is tons of work, and entire game would just be insane...

It is better to start with something small that is of high quality than it is to start something that is too much work to be finished...

I just don't think it is possible for someone who is just now learning to mod to ever finish such a big project.

But anyways, it is possible to make a new start for the game, there is a mod out there that does that, im not sure exactly who is works though

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1784

"And here I thought cptkrush only meant for an alternate start mod."

yeah, actually. all my resources would be from the game, im awful at art lol. And it wouldn't be huge at all, maybe just a small town, then i could build on it over time. Basically i planned on keeping the setting in the D.C. area to keep workload at a minimal, maybe change a few things and get rid of some little villages.