Skyrim crashing 2 minutes into game without warning. Please help!

GreekGod14

Hello. So I have had many issues with Skyrim in the past (haven't we all?), but this is odd. My game crashes literally every 2 minutes in game as of today. This hasn't happened before, and I don't know what's causing it. Skyrim runs very well on my PC, and even this is out of the ordinary.

PC SPECS:

GPU: GTX 650 TI BOOST 2GB

CPU: 6-CORE AMD PROCESSOR

RAM: 8 GIGS

And yes, I have ran BOSS MANY TIMES. (I would like to put my Mod load order up, but is there a way to copy and paste it onto here? I don't want to spend all my life typing 'em) Thanks in advance!

Edited by GreekGod14

Hey GreekGod,

Your description of the bug caught my eye and looks interesting... Wonder if you mind if I ask a couple of questions [if nothing else, thinking this through might take your mind to a fix...]

1. Have you made any changes to your mod configs recently? Any chance you can remember what they were? If this might have involved bringing in new mods, you might be able to see what they were either from your NMM profile, or simply look in the folder on your PC where NMM caches the mods it downloads, and sort the folder contents into date order.

2. Any other changes to your PC recently (Windows update running in auto mode? If so, has anything been patched? New graphics drivers? Anything else? Any issues with any other games as well?)

3. Just on the off-chance it's related to the performance of Skyrim itself, have you tried running anything like Skyrim Performance Monitor, to see if it thinks that Skyrim is hitting issues?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6491/?

Bear in mind that although you've got a well-specified machine, Skyrim itself has been compiled to produce a 32-bit codebase, so even though you've got 8Gb or RAM, the chances wre that Skyrim won't be able to use all of it.

4. Out of curiousity, is there anything that you do, in-game, that causes the crash? I was intrigued that you suggest this happens after 2 minutes. So for instance, I wonder if you load your game from a save, and then just leave your character standing idle for 2 minutes, with nothing happening, will it crash?

5. I also wonder if it has happened as a consequence of any sequence of events you've done in game (i.e. a clash between 2 or more mods). Much harder to test, but one technique to try might be to simply load up your oldest save from your game save folder. Try running around for a few minutes and see if the game continues to crash...

Sadly none of these suggestions are likely to take you to a definitive root cause and thus suggest a fix, but I'm hoping that it might set you on the right path to finding the problem...

Having the same prob, but I think It's because a emb I tried to add replaced the file from CTD and Memory patch ENBoost, I removed the emb I now trying to get back to where I was. About to do a test, will tell you in a few min, if failed.

(nope that was even faster :sad: )

Gonna try to rid of some mods with a lot UDR(hope for to these to work they kinda did for a while before emb, but I get a lot recommendtion to get rid of them, but I seen other youtubers use some of them so I am split I guess)

(worked for like a min longer but still ctd :sad: , gonna eat and come back to this)

I might have no choice but to do the dreaded clean install, what do you think. If no one says anything I guess I gotta listen to the void.

Edited by jesterskull25

Hey GreekGod,

Your description of the bug caught my eye and looks interesting... Wonder if you mind if I ask a couple of questions [if nothing else, thinking this through might take your mind to a fix...]

1. Have you made any changes to your mod configs recently? Any chance you can remember what they were? If this might have involved bringing in new mods, you might be able to see what they were either from your NMM profile, or simply look in the folder on your PC where NMM caches the mods it downloads, and sort the folder contents into date order.

2. Any other changes to your PC recently (Windows update running in auto mode? If so, has anything been patched? New graphics drivers? Anything else? Any issues with any other games as well?)

3. Just on the off-chance it's related to the performance of Skyrim itself, have you tried running anything like Skyrim Performance Monitor, to see if it thinks that Skyrim is hitting issues?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6491/?

Bear in mind that although you've got a well-specified machine, Skyrim itself has been compiled to produce a 32-bit codebase, so even though you've got 8Gb or RAM, the chances wre that Skyrim won't be able to use all of it.

4. Out of curiousity, is there anything that you do, in-game, that causes the crash? I was intrigued that you suggest this happens after 2 minutes. So for instance, I wonder if you load your game from a save, and then just leave your character standing idle for 2 minutes, with nothing happening, will it crash?

5. I also wonder if it has happened as a consequence of any sequence of events you've done in game (i.e. a clash between 2 or more mods). Much harder to test, but one technique to try might be to simply load up your oldest save from your game save folder. Try running around for a few minutes and see if the game continues to crash...

Sadly none of these suggestions are likely to take you to a definitive root cause and thus suggest a fix, but I'm hoping that it might set you on the right path to finding the problem...

I was at Fort Hraggstad, and I just disabled Frostfall and fast traveled out of the area before it crashed. That seems to have fixed the problem... but I still doubt I have seen the last of it.... Thank you guys so much for taking the time to help, and I will try to nip this problem in the butt if it occurs again!

Edited by GreekGod14