Mod request -Dawn of the Dead-

enclave1488

There is a mod for Oblivion ( forgot the name, been a while since I played my Oblivion ) that allows for different Dawn of the Dead/28 Weeks later-like scenarios to occur within the Oblivion World, with the use of options per a device in-game, which allows to modify such said scenarios in different ways.

As an example, the break-out of a virus upon a random NPC, who turns undead and begins to attack random NPCs within the city, and spreads the virus around, hence more zombies spawning over a short course of in-game time.

Or the spawning of several/or masses of zombies in a random city/or cities, also capable of spreading a virus upon other NPCs.

Additionally also being able as the player of rescuing NPCs ( allowing to recruit them temporarily ), barricading oneself in Houses/Shacks/Bunkers etc... and being able to seal doors and such by different means etc...

Now, would it not be fun to have such said mod for Fallout 3?

Imagine the world of Fallout 3 being altered to reflect it's cities, forts, camps, villages, and in general any populated areas to be war zones ( barricades, lots of sandbags, turned over cars which cannot be moved, burning fires, scattered scenic bodies, etc...) and even being able to be friendly with factions such as the Talon Company to combine forces to fight the outbreak?

Quests could be made to make it even more fun and interesting.

Anyways, I am opening this idea for discussion, to see if one or several of you veteran modders are interested for such task.

I have not seen ( so far ) anything like it for Fallout 3, and I think it be refreshing to see something like it made :thumbsup:

seconded, would love to see a mod of this caliber.

Ive had some ideas for a mod like this for a long time.

The plot element for this mod could be like an FEV breakout at an abandoned lab where the virus had not yet spread from the war, but is still isolated and contained, and fresh ;)

A cool zombie variant that keeps with the games cannon could be like super mutants with less makeshift outfits and more raggedy clothing with no equipable weapons but fists.

Random Behemoths with the same clothing concept would be cools too. I like what you mentioned about barricades, survivor recruitment, things like that. Maybe food having an impact on ability, hell even a whole new map surrounding the mod itself, alternate start, i say take this one to the limit. Unfortunately my limit is short, so ill help with support here, and whatever else i can do, which is limited geck editing and mapping.

Awesome, would love it

When i read it i though of the RTS mod (real time settler) where you build up a village with defences and trade routes.

Would be really cool to have something like that, but i suppose trade routes with other cities might be hard when there is alot of zombies just outside the door.. But just to be able to find wastelanders and save them by taking them to your village and fight off the undead would be kinda cool.

btw, are you thinking the classical romero-slow zombie or, like, ghouls that can infect?

hope someone creates this mod, although i have no idea if its hard or not, ive never even tried to make one