Saving Troubleshooting

Nicholas101

After i finish my geck mod, i save it and it saves somewhere but wherever i check the data files in FO's main page it is never there and i can't seem to get it to save there to turn the mod on.

Does anyone know the problem?

If so, please comment :thanks:

After i finish my geck mod, i save it and it saves somewhere but wherever i check the data files in FO's main page it is never there and i can't seem to get it to save there to turn the mod on.

Does anyone know the problem?

If so, please comment :thanks:

Oops, not paying attention... sorry.

It is not listed in ..\Fallout3\Data with the .bsa files?

Let me guess, you're running Windows Vista and Fallout 3 is installed in your Program Files directory? This is a common problem, and the best solution is to move your Fallout 3 installation to somewhere other than your Program Files directory.

Cipscis

Let me guess, you're running Windows Vista and Fallout 3 is installed in your Program Files directory? This is a common problem, and the best solution is to move your Fallout 3 installation to somewhere other than your Program Files directory.

Cipscis

sorry i'm trying to find my program files directory but i'm new to this and i can't find out where it is or where to move it to.

please respond

Nicholas101

You should be able to find your Program Files directory in your local disc drive (normally drive C:), and your saves should be in your "Documents" folder, under "My Games".

Cipscis

ok i found them but when i move them yet another problem happens. After i move them when i open fallout 3 and hit data files fallout 3 doesn't even show up so i can't even play the game unless i move it back. do i have to move them to a specific place or do i just move it anywhere because it is not working the way it is supposed to be.

Please respond

Nicholas101