World Of Warcraft...

Lycan

You see, I have been wondering...

Can you actualy call World Of Warcraft a Warcraft?

The point is, that if you compare the 1st Warcraft and the WOW, they are two absolutly different games:

One is a strategy (a classic one)

And the other one is an on-line RPG...

And I am going to ask a simple quastion, WHAT do YOU think about this???

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've played Warcraft 1, 2, 3 (2 is the best), and World of Warcraft, and I would have to say that World of Warcrack is a more cartoonish atmosphere. It started as a brutal "fight-to-the-death" hands on combat kind of game with WC1 and 2, but in three the once fearsome motto "For the Horde" became more like "For the Butterflies". Graphics became more vibrant, and the animations looked like bad caricatures, with over sized swords. The storyline stayed just as cool as ever, and the cut scenes were great, but the atmosphere had a complete overhaul. The same carried over to World of Warcrap.

It started as a brutal "fight-to-the-death" hands on combat kind of game with WC1 and 2, but in three the once fearsome motto "For the Horde" became more like "For the Butterflies".

I have to agree on that point, Warcraft 3 was more of a 4kids version.

I mean, I was expecting that they would continue on the story, where you could command old heroes like Dentarg, Danath, Aleria, and of course, Korgath Ironfist (or perhaps even Lothar.... considering that he had risen from the grave...)!

Instead you fight against the Undead, where the hell did they come from???

But I shouldn't complain. WC 3 was an incredible gameing experience for its time, and it still is. Too bad that I've been spoiled with the speed of Dawn of War, otherwise I would still stick with the old "slow-resource-gathering" strategy games.

• 1 month later...

Archived