World Of Warcraft...

Lycan

I wouldn't touch WoW with a ten-foot pole, as I've said many times, though possibly not in this forum :P

What I don't get is why you'd want to pay a monthly fee to be able to do the same thing over and over again, until you get better at doing that thing. Guild Wars isn't so bad because there's no subscription fee, but still...

The only good MMO I've ever found is EVE Online :)

WoW:

You pay someone to suck the life right out of your body leaving you moneyless, friendless, sociopathic, and in all other ways a wretched piece of filth hanging on to the bottom rung of society.

Something tells me you played on a PK server with several griefing clans running around. It doesn't matter if you were owned by them repeatedly, or a member, in both cases what you said would be right.

Griefing is one thing I hate about almost every MMO. I play to have fun and enjoy the game, not have to deal with 13 year old kids who have nothing better to do than look for ways to annoy others.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, lots of ignorance in this topic, as a retired WoW gamer since it came out (3 years ago) and old Warcraft/Diablo etc veteran, I will just say that if you haven't even tried the game then you shouldn't be talking bad about it. It's not like any of the Warcraft games, it's not supposed to be since it's an MMORPG, on the contrary to what the poster above me said, WoW is indeed the best online game at the moment, not only because of the numbers of players (9 million) but because it changed the way MMO's are made, almost all games after WoW are bad ripoffs with poor funding and thought put into it, Vanguard is one example, Age of Conan is another.

So to end this tirade I will just say; Don't knock it til you've tried it.

Archived