Can't update game. Anyone know why?

mecha51

Hi. I played Oblivion modded for years and never had issues. I've had F3 on PC for 2 months now, and I still can't get the damn thing to play right.

My latest problem is getting it to update. I tried installing 1.6. It would load until it got to 13% and then hang. I walked away from the game for a few weeks after that. So tonight I decided to retry. First Games for Windows tells me there is an update. When I hit install it goes to approx 95% (genius MS doesn't give an update %) and hangs. So I quit out and Windows tells me there was an error with F3 and that there is an updated version available. I click on the link to Bethesda, download 1.7 and hit install. Guess what? It goes until 13% and hangs.

Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. You don't have the latest version of gfwlive, and that makes the patch install stop at 13%. Updating live through the game always gave me errors (the install bar would go to the very end instantly, and then stop for 30 minutes before timing out and giving me an error) Instead, you'll need to download the latest version of gfwlive manually and install that. After that, the patch should work as intended.

Now for my own problem (don't want to start a new topic) After updating recently to 1.6 (I was just able to do this now because of the problem above) my save file seems to be corrupted. It will crash whenever I save. Now, I know that you can work around this by loading the game twice (or killing yourself the first time) but that doesn't make the problem go away, and you need to do this every time you start fo3. halp?

Well i got my copy of the 1.7 patch from atomicgamers.com

Here is a list of the Patches available for people to download on this page + its all free so no pesky signing up to download the files( I typed fallout 3 1.7 patch in the search engine for yall): http://atomicgamer.com/search.php?searchPr...chType=Any+Type

It should have all the verious patches for most of the many different Countries.

Ok? That should sort people out.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. You don't have the latest version of gfwlive, and that makes the patch install stop at 13%. Updating live through the game always gave me errors (the install bar would go to the very end instantly, and then stop for 30 minutes before timing out and giving me an error) Instead, you'll need to download the latest version of gfwlive manually and install that. After that, the patch should work as intended.

Now for my own problem (don't want to start a new topic) After updating recently to 1.6 (I was just able to do this now because of the problem above) my save file seems to be corrupted. It will crash whenever I save. Now, I know that you can work around this by loading the game twice (or killing yourself the first time) but that doesn't make the problem go away, and you need to do this every time you start fo3. halp?

Thanks. I will give that a try.

I'm so frustrated by Bethesda right now. I played Oblivion straight for 3 years with no issues. I even installed FCOM Convergence a few times and got that working. No problems.

I can't get Fallout 3 working without mods. Just DLC, and it won't patch, I'm missing textures everywhere. Sigh.

• 5 years later...

No solution? I've been trying to install Fallout 3 GOTY for the last 3 days, I've tried everything listed in every relevant google page with numerous different specificities of search. This is ridiculous.

Game is confirmed to NOT be 1.7, FOSE also confirms that it is not 1.7, but when I run the 1.7 patch it closes at 13%, right when it says "Processing fallout3.exe"

Edited by SoldatoDelDios