Several NPCs drain FPS

For the texture you cannot tweak anything. You can use the backgroud loading, but if your graphic card has less of 1GB DRAM and you have a heavy texture pack (like QTP), you have the problem.

For the light you can solve setting the fLightLOD1 and fLightLOD2 to lower value (a good value can be 1000-2000), set bUseRefractionShader=0 (it's useless, only drains frames and nothing changes), set bHighQuality20Lighting at 0 and in the video option set the specular light to zero. Your FPS will boost and there is not ingame visible difference.

You're right about background loading because in exteriors I see a difference to my FPS after traveling around for awhile. It's ok though,I'm just being weird and I fear I made things sound worse than they are.

About the lights,oddly enough some of them were as you suggest em to be. I only didn't try specular distance but I don't know if I wanna turn it off. :P lol The times that I get that FPS hit are rare anyway. Either I'll leave things as they are or I'll tweak Real Lights.

Still,thank you very much for the help! I've bookmarked this thread for when I'll decide that my game needs further tweaking. :D

For the texture you cannot tweak anything. You can use the backgroud loading, but if your graphic card has less of 1GB DRAM and you have a heavy texture pack (like QTP), you have the problem.

For the light you can solve setting the fLightLOD1 and fLightLOD2 to lower value (a good value can be 1000-2000), set bUseRefractionShader=0 (it's useless, only drains frames and nothing changes), set bHighQuality20Lighting at 0 and in the video option set the specular light to zero. Your FPS will boost and there is not ingame visible difference.

Thank you for the tips. It seems to give me a fps boost. But it will come with a bit worse graphic.

Edited by astrob0y