Suggestion: Download and Rating History

TheOutlander

Having to be a premium member just so you can look back at all the modifications you have downloaded and rated beyond a month (reseting as soon as the 1st of a new month comes around) is not wise and does not encourage non-premium users to rate mods that they have been using for a long period.

I myself very rarely rate/endorse modifications until I am quite intimate with their use. For me this process can take quite awhile, seeing as the Fallout world is so big and you can only concievably use so many things at once (for example armour mods - your character can only wear one set of armour at a time). Then there is the fact that many modders constantly update their work and some people like myself like to wait until the final version before endorsing. Plus I'm a forgetful male without a father.

Now this might seem like a "non-premium" whine but it's not really just about me it's about everyone being able to support and endorse the mod authors and their works. Heck we already have to wait three hours before we can endorse a mod, how many people actually remember to come back afterwards to endorse after three hours?

To me it seems like you'd actually want people to endorse mods they have been using for a long time and are happy and intimate with, but that's just not the way the system is setup. Plus it seems like a pretty daft "perk" for premium users...

Edit: Oh yeah the suggestion... change the system so that all users can see their entire download and rating history to encourage non-premium members to rate more.

If we make all features available to all members, what is the incentive for being a premium member. The kindness and generosity greatly help to defray the costs of the site. The download history is stored on the servers, but only the last month is displayed, premium users view their entire history if they want to.

If everyone had this ability it would bring the site to it's knees immediately, it is extremely asset intensive. Dark0ne can give you the details on the actual amount of lines that have to be checked, but it is a massive amount. This fact alone makes it not feasible for all users.

I can't even look at mine, as it takes too long to load......as it is one continuous page....after waiting for 10 minutes I just gave up. My case is the extreme, I have downloaded every file on this site at least once.....if it was up for at least 48 hours, over the course of time that is over 26,000 file pages and an untold number of individual files.

Buddah

If we make all features available to all members, what is the incentive for being a premium member. The kindness and generosity greatly help to defray the costs of the site. The download history is stored on the servers, but only the last month is displayed, premium users view their entire history if they want to.

It wasn't really an issue of the fact that premium members had something everyone else didn't. I'm fine with premium members having all sorts of perks, they earned them afterall being able to donate money to the continuation of the site and all.

It was just the limiting of viewing entire download history to just the premium members that didn't make much sense to me. Seeing as that didn't really encourage non-premium members to rate files they have downloaded ages ago and forgot about (ie you play with something in your game for so long you forget it's a mod added thing).

If everyone had this ability it would bring the site to it's knees immediately, it is extremely asset intensive. Dark0ne can give you the details on the actual amount of lines that have to be checked, but it is a massive amount. This fact alone makes it not feasible for all users.

I can't even look at mine, as it takes too long to load......as it is one continuous page....after waiting for 10 minutes I just gave up. My case is the extreme, I have downloaded every file on this site at least once.....if it was up for at least 48 hours, over the course of time that is over 26,000 file pages and an untold number of individual files.

Buddah

Ah ok the technical infeasibility does make sense. Though it's kind of odd that it's set up to load as one page rather than allow you to pick a month and get the history loaded for just that month.

Not really, most members download about a hundred or two, and do so in a short period of time, have no intention of rating or commenting under any circumstances. Our membership is 1139806 and the total post count inccluding ratings and comments is 1081052 less than one post per member. So that is born out by the numbers.

While they may never post, they will use/abuse features because they can and that is invisible.

Not really, most members download about a hundred or two, and do so in a short period of time, have no intention of rating or commenting under any circumstances. Our membership is 1139806 and the total post count inccluding ratings and comments is 1081052 less than one post per member. So that is born out by the numbers.

While they may never post, they will use/abuse features because they can and that is invisible.

Could always attach it to an invisble odd number endorsement count (7, 9, 13, 17 etc). So that when a member reaches that hidden number they get access to the search your download/rating history by month feature. Would be pretty difficult to spam endorse to get that feature too, what with the three hour wait after downloading.

Doesn't really matter though, it's only a suggestion. Though you might want to pass on that display download history by month thing rather than single page of entire history, even if only premium members benefit from it. To save the system when loading massive download history pages like yours and all.

Read the front page of either site, Dark0ne has made an announcement of a pending server move with greater abilities/capabilities. So it may be worth bringing this back up after the move and the site is stable again....I am sure there will be a few moving pains, historically there always are.

Buddah