Floor problem

roadbum

I'm gonna assume that you're using the "intro" bus for your interior (the same one that's visible in the intro movie)? The problem is, you see, that that particular mesh has no collision data. No collision data = completely intangible. Now, there are two ways to fix it: the thorough, hard way, and the quick & easy fix.

Hard way: use blender and nifskope to build your own collision data for the bus interior's .NIF file.

But you probably don't want/know how to do that, so I suggest this much simpler way:

Find the destroyed bus interior. Y'know, the one that gets left behind when you blow up a bus in-game. It does have collision data, and it's the exact same size and shape as the collisionless intro bus.

Double-clicked on the destroyed bus interior to open its edit window, and change the ID at the top and make a new object. Now, in your new object, click on the edit button by the Model entry. That'll open a new window that list the actual model name and a pane labeled "Alternate Textures." Next to all the entries in the Alternate Textures pane, right click, choose new, and select NullTexture.

This will essentially make the destroyed bus interior invisible.

Now you can place it in the exact same place as the intro bus interior to give it collision (you may want to actually place it BEFORE you make it invisible, so you can make sure you get it in the right place. Alternately, you can hit F4 while the Render Window is active to make the collision meshes visible. Hit F4 again to turn them off again.)

As for make the seats usable... that I'm not so sure about. Most objects that you can sit on are seperate objects like chairs and benches and things. I suppose you could do the same thing: make some copies of a chair, make the chair itself invisible, and then place the invisible chair over the non-functional bus-seat.

Hope this helps!

-Pax

You can also set collision planes, spheres, and boxes. On the GECK toolbar, last 3 choices on the right.

I've used them for many of my locations. For instance, a house inside of the burger boy at PFalls. I used collision planes to keep the player from falling through the mesh. Or the crane on another mod, using boxes and planes allows the player to walk on the crane itself. Neither object had collision geometry.

Very easy to use. };]