What should be the first online feature I add to Fallout 3?

Cakester

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you don't feel up to making it directly access the internet, I know an alternative way of getting it on there, like I suppose you could make another separate Terminal called PipTunes in another branch of Moira's store. You would pay her 500-5000 caps to gain access to the room, and when you activate the terminal you could click on the name of the song, then it would activate a safe on a wall and unlock it. Then you could walk up, activate it, and take the holotape labeled (example) "Viva la Vida" or something. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be illegal because you need to be on the game. Or you could take songs like from the 50's that are in.. what's it called? Free Space? Free Market? I can't remember it right now, but I know you could take some of the songs from that GNR- More Where that came from mod. Or you could set up small playlists, and there would be a note in the same safe as the Holotape and you could find out what songs were on it. Or you could view it from the PipTunes terminal. Maybe you could make it where the Terminal downloads it to your pipboy, or you could use the things from Mothership Zeta, where you get the Captive recordings, and label the song name. Due to the Fallout 3 wiki, you could make the separate areas on the site separate links on the terminal for example:

FALLOUT 3 SURVIVAL GUIDE -> OVERVIEW -> FALLOUT 3 FAQ

On the site Fallout 3 Survival Guide is really just the Fallout 3 section. I can't use the GECK for my life, so I hope, no I know you can do this.

I would say try to make a terminal that lets you actually surf the internet. I know there was an add-on for WAR that let you open web browsers, and I used the same thing with WoW. It shouldn't be too hard, but then again I'm not much for mods.

Ooh! If you try that, look at the Lynx browser. Or better yet, look at the source code of this Lynx emulator. I've allowed that viewer to be used to view any fookunity.com pages, so you can see what pages would look like in Lynx - would be a good starting point if you actually wanted to try to view parts of web pages on an in-game terminal :)

BTW, I'm pretty good with perl if you wanna do something similar - perl is perfect for text processing.

Even if you don't feel up to making it directly access the internet, I know an alternative way of getting it on there, like I suppose you could make another separate Terminal called PipTunes in another branch of Moira's store. You would pay her 500-5000 caps to gain access to the room, and when you activate the terminal you could click on the name of the song, then it would activate a safe on a wall and unlock it. Then you could walk up, activate it, and take the holotape labeled (example) "Viva la Vida" or something. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be illegal because you need to be on the game. Or you could take songs like from the 50's that are in.. what's it called? Free Space? Free Market? I can't remember it right now, but I know you could take some of the songs from that GNR- More Where that came from mod. Or you could set up small playlists, and there would be a note in the same safe as the Holotape and you could find out what songs were on it. Or you could view it from the PipTunes terminal. Maybe you could make it where the Terminal downloads it to your pipboy, or you could use the things from Mothership Zeta, where you get the Captive recordings, and label the song name. Due to the Fallout 3 wiki, you could make the separate areas on the site separate links on the terminal for example:

FALLOUT 3 SURVIVAL GUIDE -> OVERVIEW -> FALLOUT 3 FAQ

On the site Fallout 3 Survival Guide is really just the Fallout 3 section. I can't use the GECK for my life, so I hope, no I know you can do this.

News! I made it so i can display my form as part of the game.. well sorta. anyhow i can send messages to irc now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ypNsXIejTk

@Britanol that is an interesting idea... however I am not in the business of making mods at that level. um.. i have even though of an ingame live concert appearing for the first launch of fallout 3 multiplayer. but thats just a dream for now.. lols

That's really awesome, man! And I just noticed that what your using is "cake client". Have anything to do with your name?

cake client is the title i gave to the window of my program. yeah cake.. cakester.. related

this will be the last video tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImnRolh0xJw

some of the messages were duplicates that you see in the video. that happened because i forgot to set a variable to zero... uh. already fixed though.