Need Help Please.........

CCAV

I want to change the armor color and texture,make Enclave Hellfire Armor into the color of Brotherhood Steel Power Armor and in addition Brotherhood's symbol (logo). How should I do?

I have a Mod that I made. It is about the Enclave Hellfire Armor. I want to change its color.

How should I do?

I am Chinese. My English isn't good Can you Undertand?

If you konw and want to help me,please make me understand easily

okay.

you need Fallout Mod Manager ( FOMM ) installed,

open it and click the BSA Unpacker button,

a BSA Browser window will open,

click on the Open button

and choose your Fallout 3/Data folder,

select Fallout - Textures file,

then textures/armor/powerarmor,

and you will see the BOS textures in the right hand window,

select them and click the Extract button,

choose a folder to extract them to (or create a new one) and click Save,

then Close the BSA Browser and do the same method for BrokenSteel - Main,

look for textures/dlc03/armor/apa to find the Hellfire textures,

Extract them also.

now you have all the textures.

then you need to use the Gimp or Photoshop with a .DDS plugin,

once you have this installed, you can then manipulate the textures and Save them.

you can then install your own textures into your Fallout 3/Data folder by simply using the existing folder names and filepaths ( made when you Extracted the textures ).

i hope this makes some sense to you.

please post again with any questions about this.

:)

NOW I do not understand that in some places :

I am afraid that the DDS filed leading-in phototshop making mistakes so I do a experiment first

I copy the DDS filed about Hellfire Armor and lead-in photoshop ,I just change its color,make it green (you konw the

Hellfire Armor was black), then saved. I get a green Hellfire Armor DDS filed. Now How should I do?????Using

BSA creator? Get a new textures on the new armor Hellfire the BSA??

About finishing (let's make it clear)

>>The present situation is that I do GECK a new Hellfire Armor (only modified attributes) called ABC. (experiment)

>> At the same time after a change Hellfire Armor color DDS file .(green) (experiment)

I would like to how this can be done to Hellfire Armor new DDS textures added to the new Hellfire Armor so

that the "New Hellfire Armor" (by GECK) becomes unique?? That is to say when I entered the GECK preview ABC

Armored, it's Green.

If you wish to just replace the texture I think you just need to create right folder: you can see what folder setup you need in the esp/bsa, i.e Textures>Armor>[folder name if any]> .dds here.

So in your fallout3 folder, asuming you already have data and textures and armor folders, add the last folder given and put the dds there.

Edit: For adding to an unique, I think you need Nifskope, but I'm not all sure on that. I think there's several tutorials you can look through about the matter.

Yeach~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I did it ~~~~~~~ :banana: :banana:

Mekii is right, I must use nifskope to do it, and now I know how to use nifskope about textures.

I have did a successful experiment. :banana:

Now I have to go sleep,it's 12;30 PM in China.

谢谢各位~~