Game gets confused with too many conditions?

firepower02

Very sorry, totally my bad but it does at least appear that you've understood the logic conditions that the game uses despite my error (or perhaps because of it).

For the wet change it should be :-

IsSwimming == 1 OR

IsRaining == 1 AND

IsSwimming == 1 OR

IsInInterior != 1 AND

It always irks me that you have to use an obsolete condition to force it to work.

So is this like:

swimming and swimming

or

swimming and outdoors

or

raining and swimming

or

raining and outdoors

I just wanna be real sure this time. It takes too long for the game, and trial and error, I wouldn't even know which condition it's currently following to know if the current conditions are right.

What about the obsolete conditons?

I think I only need is swimming and is raining outdoors. The swimming and swimming could pass as just is swimming? And the other two won't matter anyway, since it is an or.

Is there any way for the game to process the conditions much faster?

Just wondering, if it helps to make the game respond faster, should it be run on target, or subject?

Edited by firepower02

Ok, I think the conditions are ok now. Sometimes I still don't see changing when it's raining outside, or there is changing even when it's inside. I don't get it, the conditions look right already. Does an npc have a preference over clothes? I mean, when I set them to change into wet outfit, does the dry outfit remain in their inventory? Maybe that is why they are still wearing the dry clothes because they like it better? Besides the outfit change, I have attached another script to the magic effect for the wet. I can see the other script taking effect, but the outfit change script didn't.

It is a particularly difficult thing to do as they'll often change back to their default outfit at the earliest opportunity. Removing their default outfit to stop them will usually result in them stripping instead. It's a bit more complicated, but you could try editing their default outfit instead of just forcing them to switch clothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anyway that I can make the game understand the conditions much faster? I want it to be a change in race this time, not a change in outfit. If I run the condition on the player, it works correctly, but if I run it on subject it switches back and forth. But I cannot run it on the player, because there are times the player could be swimming, but he is not.