So what would your dream oblivion mod be like ?

Tokra

probably more evil guilds like DB with more liberties like organising assassinations or raising your own armies to take over towns, etc. :biggrin:

Well TBH taking over a town would generaly be considerd VERY out of characther for the world being RPd.

Yeah, you COULD do it.

Then the legions come and curbstomp you.

But yeah evil plot options need to be further devolpted, IIRC theres a slaver mod here on the nexus, I DLd it once but it didnt work tho.

A Dethklok mod. Don't have any idea what it could be about though ;D

Either that or a mod that somehow adds this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76jqQ8iavLM...feature=related

Favorite skill from favorite MMO. Maybe like a script effect on self that would do the animation, and also after the animation do damage to surrounding enemies. Would be pretty cool IMO :P

Video showing exploit of that skill, pretty funny. The champion in that video(the person surfing) is me :D

My dream mod would be to have new guild quests all the time. Like, the Dark brotherhood should never run out of people to kill. Yeah, I know that would kind of clash with the ending of those quests, but I still want to have more things to do with them than just chat up a statue. I want to never run out of cool things to steal for the Thieves' guild too. The way things become at the end, that would just be even better. Trying to be vague, since this isn't in the spoilers section. :) But yeah, in a nutshell, endlessly reoccurring guild quests, regardless of guild standing.

My dream mod would be to have new guild quests all the time. Like, the Dark brotherhood should never run out of people to kill. Yeah, I know that would kind of clash with the ending of those quests, but I still want to have more things to do with them than just chat up a statue. I want to never run out of cool things to steal for the Thieves' guild too. The way things become at the end, that would just be even better. Trying to be vague, since this isn't in the spoilers section. :) But yeah, in a nutshell, endlessly reoccurring guild quests, regardless of guild standing.

Or, better yet, self started quests that are time dependent.

IE: Your walling thru town, and you overhear the guards talking about how a dark brotherhood member was captured when assisinating someone or some such, then you the quest to auto-start, with a limited timeline for it (2-3 days max) with differnt results if you do nothing, sneak in kill em, sneak in break em out, etc etc.

Example, you do nothing, a hideout or two gets raided, random couple of members die, rest captured along with documetns and such, and 1-2 escape capture and you can link up with them on dealing with the situation (or not, then the problem just widens)

You kill the guy, you satisfy the minimun requirements, but no reward.

You break the guy out, he tells you were they stashed his stuff, option to retrive it. He dies after getting out, you get his loot. He doesnt die, he retrives some better gear from a cache outside of town, and you get something much ebtter in reward.

With theives guild, pretty much same thing execpt options of

1- break guy out

1a- guy lives thru attempt

ab- guy dies in attempt

2- Steal/switch evidence (depending on how well done, decreased sentence, get out, get out AND paid gold as appology, get out and a GUARD (or someone you plant evidence against) gets blamed)

3- Kill guy, get in trouble with the guild ONLY if you are identified by someone who lives.

4- Do nothing, when the guy eventualy gets out, he's annoied noone assisted em, further consequences result.

i want the option to join mythic dawn

i want to be able to become emperor through FORCE

i want every guild to have a way to take over cyrodill

i want there to be more guilds merchants,horseman,farmers,exploreers,smiths,etc,etc

i want emperors to come and go through death, old age assasination and civil war ,ie after the end of the oblivion crysis the council elects a new emperor (you could have the option) but he might die and a new one is appointed.

and finally the battle of bruma is not a a battle its more like a $%&$ing bar fight its pointlis and anticlimactic

i want the option to join mythic dawn

i want to be able to become emperor through FORCE

i want every guild to have a way to take over cyrodill

i want there to be more guilds merchants,horseman,farmers,exploreers,smiths,etc,etc

i want emperors to come and go through death, old age assasination and civil war ,ie after the end of the oblivion crysis the council elects a new emperor (you could have the option) but he might die and a new one is appointed.

and finally the battle of bruma is not a a battle its more like a $%&$ing bar fight its pointlis and anticlimactic

I agree, especily about the emporer, that shoulda been the high level endgame part. Have a civil war in which the PC gets drug in to one extent or another, or at the very least have some sorta stuff happening instead of the empire just stagnating.

But then, if you want a REALLY crappy ending... Shivering Isles.

Your a freaking god, maybe. If you remember.

As the new Sheogorath, you should get a things rather than just a static world once you finish SI.

1st up, all you get is 1 set of armor and robes. You should get a chest that has BOTH armor sets, full weapons, and CUSTOM sheogorath armor. Basicly, half golden saint/half dark seducer like sheogoraths robe are half/half.

Male version, armord pants, female version, a skirt that goes about halfway to the knees (not as drafty as the GS/DS armor, as a god would have something a TAD more fancy and such).

Now, past that..... stats..... skills should MOSTLY stay the same, tho magic skills should ALL get a boost. Base stats should ALL get maxed out. Magica should get maxed out as well. Plus you should get some godly spells, ones that work ANYWERE not just in the SI. Your a freakin god, you should have the power of one.

Shrine: You should be able to get a shrine re-built in your honor as well, instead of having it in some dank cave you should have a quest to give quests to worshipers and crazies to get your shrine built up. It should be a very disjointed and crazy sequence of quests, cause your crazy, and dealing with crazy people

Fight with Mehrunes Dagom @ temple of one. If your allready sheogorath by then you should have the OPTION to suddenly throw down on dagon and basicly kick his ass (which you allready do), but with some form of acknowledgement from dagon (which you should get anyway, since you sorta DO have to kick his ass to get into the temple anyway).

From tehre, mehrunes shows up at the last second, and the Septim goes all power rangers on Dagon and kicks his arse, /game.

hell yeah i totally agree with tokra i mean wtf your god and you basically get a pat on the back and life returns to normal in oblivion and really yeah the end of the main quest F.A.I.L lol i like the power ranger reference, i mean i laid out mehrunes dagon with one spell and no death i mean you should be able to bring him down your self wtf he stomping on the guards. like lets say the beginning of the game you wake up in a prison cell with no clue who you are and your like wtf am i doing in jail you talk to the emperor and he's like mabey the god put you here. i think you should probably like get some crazy vision or something from the divines or something when your taking martin to lite the fires and they TELL YOU to break the amulet on yourself and you become like a Demi-God or an Avatar depending on your fame/infamy or good/evil and likesaid before if not that you become emperor. i like the servant of the dawn but i got pissed when all i could become was High Chancellor.

But yeah i was really let down by the magic in the game i mean your conjuration is maxed and all you can summon is 1 mob inless you create your own spell that summons 3 or w/e (i mean thats how it is for me) i kinda wish they would just remake morrowind lol its way better than Oblivion all it need is Oblivions graphics and Character creation and its badass i mean even some of the weapons were better lets face it The glass armor from morrowind was like my favorite armor in the game it was so uber looking and my spell i created Maelstrom was unstoppable with my pure mage High Elf + Atronatch Birthsign FTW .

I mainly want the option to become a God i mean wtf martin gets to be one Shivering Isles makes you one but....Im one of those people who wants there Oblivion to be Dark Evil and all that comes with it

and with Vampires wtf they pretty much just fell off the elderscrolls i liked them in morrowind and the werewolves were uber too Oblivion completely let me down with just about everything but the graphics and character creation even though that still sucked lol My Only hope For This Game Is The Modders You guys MAke This Game Far Better Than ANYTHING Bethesda could ever pull outta there hats. :thanks:

did i rant to much? :confused:

I got so sick in Oblivion of the good guy bad guy endings to quests. I want there to be a middle option where you do what you want. Like KOTOR. And you should be able to create your own factions. Like make your own army and take over the world, Omally style!