Oblivion (PS3) starting to bore me - what am I missing?

crivens

well i can see whats wrong with this . oblivion or morowind or any other elder scroll game is alot more then going through boreing dungeons

personaly i HATE any form of dungeon just because of how little roleplaying oportunity there is considering it turns into a kill fest eventualy.

i think youd get alot more out of the game if you did the guilds or something non repetitive like killing stuff for hours.

My wife bought me Oblivion GOTY on the PS3 a while ago and I've played it a bit, but not a huge amount. Mostly because I'm so busy. I'm not really enjoying it even though I enjoyed Morrowind and I do like RPGs. My problem is that I'm rather bored of wandering the wilderness and searching endless caves and dungeons only to end up with 15 gold pieces is tedious. I've closed a couple of gates and the grind of fighting to a gate is already bugging me. I'm considering trading it in - so what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? Maybe I'm less inclined to sit down with this type of game because I get so little time on the PS3 these days, I don't know. I'm not trying to start an argument - merely trying to determine if I'm not putting the effort into something that deserves it or if I'm missing the point (e.g. ignore the main quest and do other stuff). Any suggestions? Thanks

You're missing a PC copy of the game, that's the problem lol.

• 3 weeks later...
I had it on PS3, and it was... okayish. I ended up collecting stuff, going on random riots and role playing. All of that extends the gameplay time a LITTLE bit, but in the end, you gotta get the PC version.

I play with 5 mods that makes it seriously deadly and hard and my main character hasn't even reached level 2 yet and I still play it :),sure its hard to meet all enemies in combat so I've stayed to killing wolfs and rats but I love it and hope I'll get a high level char one day :P

Play Fallout 3 ! Since the mods for Fallout 3 still small in amount, you may want to try it on PS3. But I'm suggesting you buy the PC version of Oblivion and Fallout 3. If you don't have the money for a good PC, may want to try Fallout 3 on PS3. But I'm still suggesting the PC version if you can buy it. (don't take it seriously)

Fallout 3: Truth. I enjoyed vanilla Fallout 3 way more than I enjoyed vanilla Oblivion. My newest save there uses MMM and a bunch of new clothing and stuff, but I think Bethesda did a much better job of making the capital wasteland interesting to wander than they did Cyrodil.

My list of mods in Oblivion is too long to bother with lol