Player home that requires fuel

LogicalRandom

I just feel like it is missing something... some kind of reward or something

but thats just my opinion, I don't like to add stuff to my game that just adds more chores for me to do without anything cool hapening in return...

good luck nonetheless

I know what you mean, what if this was a new location, rather than a player stronghold, a small barracks with some wastland survivors living there in total darkness, nothing works, they are eating mole rats etc. You get the generators up and running and then it becoms a small and well protected community. A one-off mission where you have to scour the wastes fro loads of junk, and a few books possible unique items, (a repair manual), teach the NPCs there how to use the various items....

Maybe repair manuals for several features of this barracks, 1 for sentry guns/bots, 1 for water purifier, 1 for food sanitiser etc etc. Could add several unique items scattered around, once done, you have a room there, with a trader, bar, a few others, and then you can bring 'parts' to keep the place running in return for ammo or something (seeing as its a deserted barracks). Must be well sealed, they only venture out for supplies, and many times, people dont return...

Incentive? I think so, but this probably isnt what you intended by keeping a generator running.

I like this idea, think it's awesome.

Now to find someone who will make it :P

Tony the Wookie, I do agree, there need to be loads of ideas that use up the clutter and excess we collect out in the wastes, but in as constructive and fun a way as possible. So, yea, do a generator for a remote , 'off grid' home. A perminent 'fix it' quest for a side-quest, maybe to open up something larger.

But yea, generally, we need to all try and use stuff up for practical purposes, like the idea of arming your own protection. Maybe they arnt security at first, just jobless no-hopers at a bar, spending the few caps they make on old whisky. Then you hire then, arm them, equip them!

anyway, thats off subject.

just like jerrico lol

I like this idea, think it's awesome.

Now to find someone who will make it :P

My skills are limited to building and filling at the moment, not got into navmesh, scripting, NPCs etc. I do 3D model but dont have the skills to convert for Fallout3. But otherwise Im sure people may take this up. If it is a popular idea, maybe start the ball rolling with some good planning etc, get some ideas going.