purpose for han radio or whatever its called

paridigm of humanity

Quest Triggers, walk by one and all of a sudden you hear "Help us, please ..." Clicking on them could launch a convo menu.

That is the only purpose that I have seen for them so far. Occasionally turning power on to a remote power station or radio tower will start up a short range radio broadcast that you can triangulate to find a loot source that has one of these radios with a supposedly open mike or automatic broadcast. There is normally a skill book included. There is one linked to the intercom at tenpenney tower also.

They might be useful for recalling lost followers, especially Dogmeat when he's sent to find an item and then disappears. Or perhaps with the MS Zeta add-on you could request Scotty, I mean Sally to beam you up ;)

I actually have plans for them as well. I have a very big project brewing in my head, that will include overhauling every one of those broadcast locations, to form a network for a new slaver faction. There is no ETA on mine, as I'm going to take it one step at a time, to make sure I can actually pull it off. Oh, and one of the radio locations, has the explosives bobblehead.