ideas for betheseda

the_immortal_kodensai

Removed the pseudo-swearing from your post.

I probably should close this, as I am afraid of what it will lead to...

I highly doubt that Bethesda has any intention of re-releasing their old titles. While I know for a fact that there are a few people who would agree with you, I think Oblivion is and will be keeping them busy for quite some time.

• 2 months later...
How about making a game that includes all the continents and islands of the morrowind universe along with some more guilds and how about a huge city under water and an underworld? Maybe technology like machines from can start becoming more prevalent so people could make their own machines and weapons out of parts? They should also make a MMORPG.

• 2 weeks later...
How about making a game that includes all the continents and islands of the morrowind universe along with some more guilds and how about a huge city under water and an underworld? Maybe technology like machines from can start becoming more prevalent so people could make their own machines and weapons out of parts? They should also make a MMORPG.

Man, i just don´t agree with you.

First of all i think there is a mod that´s making all of the islands continents of morrowind, and planning to make the whole world of tes.

I get the chills imagining Morrowind/Oblivion becoming a MMORPG.

Viblo...

I wouldn't want TES3 or TES4 MMORPG... what makes this game so amazing, is that all the time put into making it, was soley for single player... they don't rush it... they don't spend all their time fixing bugs and everything in multiplayer mode... If they go MMORPG, I'm afraid I'll be forced to assassinate everyone at bethesda :ph34r: ... but you didn't hear it from me ;)

• 2 months later...

I have a dual boot on my hard drive - part win98 and the rest w2k. On the 98 side I have both Arena & Daggerfall installed and occassionally play them. Of course on w2k I did have Morrowind, Tribunal & Bloodmoon installed.

I've just religated these three over to the 98 side in order to make more room in w2k for Oblivion & modding it. You all can do this or just use the downloaded Arena that Bethesda made available with the converter also available through download for making it work on win2000.

I've always liked the idea of re-releasing old games - if done well, of course. I never played Arena or Daggerfall, and doubt I will because, well, I'm of the new generation of gamers, which values shiny graphics more than gameplay. I'd like to play them, but I'd get put off by the interface.

I'm looking forward to what the Tamriel Rebuilt lads and ladies can do with the Oblivion engine (assuming they are allowed) - expanding the gaming world to encompass EVERYTHING would be amazing.

An MMO of a TES game would be wrong, so very very wrong. It's the standard and supreme example of single-player RPGness, and it shouldn't be turned into a sub-par MMO.

What I'd like to see them do is make their next TES game have a two-tailed storyline. Imagine being able to properly join the Mythic Dawn, and take over Cyrodiil alongside the Daedra. It'd add a huge amount of play to a game with so much already. Of course, it'll never get made due to the sheer amount of work that they'd need to put into it.

• 2 weeks later...

While I do not like the idea of an MMO, I would much rather see a Co-Op mode for TES. Limit it to two, maybe three players, I would love to be able to dungeon crawl with a friend over a lan. Plus, think of team Arena battles!

I also, would have liked to see a couple branching points in the story lines. For exmaple...

Spoilers: During the fighter's guild quests, depending if you cover for or turn in the person you completed thier contract for. I have been told it effects how they greet you during the final mission.

I wouldn't had minded seeing multiable endings, or being able to choose a different path that effects how things unfold later.

• 1 month later...
The cyrodill map seems like it can be expanded, as it has the locations of the other provences on there. For example, to the east is morrowind! I don't see why that can't be expanded to fit the old game with the new engine in. They managed to expand TES3 with bloodmoon, so it's defo possible.

Archived