How well would this run oblivion?

mechanicalexistence

Good CPU and RAM with low-average graphics card. It will play Oblivion at medium settings. That 9400 is a big bottleneck. Get a better video card if this is a new system that you haven't actually bought yet.

Good CPU and RAM with low-average graphics card. It will play Oblivion at medium settings. That 9400 is a big bottleneck. Get a better video card if this is a new system that you haven't actually bought yet.

I just bought a cheap new computer, and decided to get a cheap card to get rid of the intigrated graphics.

It's a 9400 gt 1 gb. With tax, less than $100 :D

Well it's good to have something better than the integrated graphics if you want to play Oblivion. I would start with medium settings and raise them up slowly if the performance is okay. You can probably upgrade the video card in the future if you ever want to. Welcome to the forums!

Well it's good to have something better than the integrated graphics if you want to play Oblivion. I would start with medium settings and raise them up slowly if the performance is okay. You can probably upgrade the video card in the future if you ever want to. Welcome to the forums!

It runs near seamless on ultra high, even where it was previously so slow on ultra low that it was unplayable.

I will consider upgrading in the future, but I'm on a budget at the moment. (still need an hd monitor)

Thanks for your input.