General Chat

Preacher

Seeing the odd wizard was a bit slow to answer his question, Thrin turned to Shadzon in answer to his question.. Though the man sounded drunk.. there was little else of bother to be done.

"A clear mind is focused upon the task at hand, sir, rapid and efficient progression requires focus..." he began in a proverbial tone, "It was simple water." He gave it a moment to sink in, given the mans state of mind, "And my name is Thrin, well met."

He thought it best to be mindful of the man he was attempting to have discusion with, and with a polite wave to Shazdon, Thrin truned back to the mage.

"I'm sorry if I came off a bit out of the ordinary," he held out his hand, again in a gesture of goodwill, "I am Thrin, of Ashvale, and you are?"

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogosha, stil waiting on his drink, looks over at the people having the odd conversation.

"You people make things so complicated, you over think everything, when i, a simple archer, know the meaning of life. It is so so simple, if only you would step back a little and stop focusing so hard, step back and look at teh big picture."

Hogosha's drink comes and he takes a small drink of it

OOC: Because what's-his-name is not responding, im going to move on to a more fruitful conversation now...

IC:

Stops his smile as he hears this, and turns in his chair to stand, "would you then, good sir, be trying to tell me that you have the miraculoous ability to see though the eyes of the gods and see the whole picture of the world.. As it seems to me," he begins to rise, "you are but a man yourself, and must therefore posess the limited understanding of the world around you that all other men have.. For you can be in but one place at one time, and the lives of men, as I recall, are not at all long enough to hear all the tales that are spun each and every day.."

Standing now, he regards the man with a hard glare, clearly disliking his sentiments, "why then, being a man of such understanding as you claim to have, be ignorant of the truth. The fact is, you cannot see the big picture, being only mortal, without missing the little details.. And while you claim to see this "big picture" what you would see would be a simple rug, set out before you eyes, and you would draw simple conclusions... Typical are the stylings of men, we are lazy in our ways.. But what you are missing is that life is a vast and extravagant tapestry that cannot be behled by those who do not understand the difference.. With a vast and more complex tapestry, one could draw complex conclusions, for they would see the whole picture to its fullest extent..."

"Now what I am trying to say is that what you propose to tell me is literally impossible... It cannont be done by men, I daresay the gods can hardly manage it. Though why you refer to everything as being to complicated is beyond me, and is the fundamental flaw of your very nature, driven by the laziness and ingorance which you so freely embrace.." Thrin sighs, aggrevated with even this simplistic comment from the man. After a moment, he points to the glass the man is drinking from, "if that is liquor, good sir, I can understand why such foolishness would come from you. Numbness of mind promotes no good. Just remember that the minute details are what make the extreamly limited part of the tapestry we can see more complex, and thus easier to draw conclusions from..."

Hogosha smiles

"good sir i am sorry if i offended you, but i must profess everything is simple its just that you think they are not. The meaning of life is just that, life. I may carry a bow and weild a sword but this is not to end life but to protect it. Even my very name means 'Gaurdian' . You also say this simple drink is for that of a humb mind, this is not to numb my mind but to ease the sorrow in my heart. Look deep in my eyes and look inot my soul, you will see both hope and sorrow for this world. Sorrow for the evil and immorality in it, and for for the change. I drink because i have had to kill, i have had to kill to protect the innocent, i have protected the innocent because it is what i stand for. If you do not share my veiws then i must repsect that, but i ask the same in return. Also, i warn you, if you try to chalenge that sanctity that i protect, then i must chalenge you. But i am sure that you and i have no reason to quarell, you seem as one who would be inteligent and realise that there is no reason to kill beyond the normal means of defence.

Takes a nother sip of his drink then lays some money on the table

Feel free to finish this small drink if you need to ease your heart aswell. You have no fear of numbing your mind, there are somethings that are impenitrable.

Thrin takes a moment to consider the mans words... And his own actions.. What was he thinking?! The only thing he could think of is that he was having a moment of lapse.. A thing he highly disliked.. But yet he did not say flat out that he was wrong.. Though he was speaking of a different matter, this man talked of the meaning, Thrin had spoke of the flow.. In this way, they had both spoken the truth.

With a sigh, he responded slowly, "I apologize for rash thinking on my part.. We speak of two things, both intertwined but still very different. You are talking of the meaning, I am talking of the flow... Again, you have my apologies for my rude actions," he held out his hand in goodwill to the man, "My name is Thrin, of Ashvale. I too know a little of the sorrow you speak of.. And the desire to numb such things."

Warrior-Of-Shadow my friend, I have never had any memory of the the marshes. Many argonians have related to me of them yet I have never seen it fit for me to journey there. My earliest memory is of killing an orc-child who mocked my argonian feet. Maybe i shall journey to the marshes with you, friend, two warriors returning home.

Hogosha looks up at thrin and stands and takes his hand

"I am Hogosha, It has been a long time since i met some one so similar to me, yet at the same time you are very different. What brings you to such a place, maybe our current paths intertwine more closely than we even we realize."

"Perhaps they do.." Thrins says, considering the meaning of such a thing carfully as he takes a seat next to Hogosha.

He drifts out of his thoughts, "I am here because I was told to be here.. I am simply following the advice of a good freind," Thrin looks the man in the eye directly, "He died yesterday."

He breaks the penetrating look after he finishes the words. It wasn't a threat, though it could have been taken as one, and he slightly regrets speaking them. Still, they held a certain meaning to him at the moment, and it was they only way the words could have been spoken from his lips.

Were this the man who had slain his fellow, Thrin would have cut him down on the way in without a blink. Regardless of how nice he was or wasn't.

But he wasn't and Thrin had to remember that.. These people were not out to kill him, and he recognized none as a true threat.. But it was hard to just let the emotion go.. It was hard even for him to suppress it with drink. Too long had he held rage within himself as a defence against his enemies. Now he was recovering from not only the loss of his friend, but his anger.

Sorrow loves company. He thought to himself, as he waited for the mans response, hoping his words would not be as harsh on his ears as they first sounded.

"Assasinated." Thrin stated matter-of-factly to Shazdon (I did spell it right didn't I?) "I saved him a quick death by the skin of my teeth. Had I known my attempt to save him would be fruitless, I would have tried anyway. Even if it had ment my death, he was one of those friends... One of the ones you never forget... I only managed to knock out the assasin, not kill him, with the first blow.. And I listened to my friends urgent last request as his murderer slept on the ground beside him."

Thrin took the opportunity to spit at the ground and curse the name of the assasin. He didn't mention what he did with the man. Though his torture was a pleasently creul endevor.. Thrin had not let it end quickly, instead, for every second of pain his friend had endured in his last moments Thrin gave the assasin an eternity of the same medicine.. And while he had buried his friend and sworn an oath to carry out his last request, he did not give the assasin the same honor.

He also made a point of not using his friends name, though not noticable to the other patrons, he was avioding it. The name would sit with him and be forever welcomed in his mind, but the pain of speaking it was more then his muderers punishment could measure up to.

Thrin ordered a drink from the bar tender during an idle in the conversation.