Dogmeat, the Android Canine. :D

Daedalus7491

Hi all, to start off I'm new to this forum so bear with me if I make some massive mistake or something. Razz

Anyways, I was just thinking the other day how very.... bland Dogmeat is. He looks like every other domesticated Dog you meet in the game. Plus, there's really nothing to him... I mean, you find him in the scrapyard, and dah-dah-da-dah, that's it. So, I started thinking... what if something could be done to spruce him up a bit?

Now, I'm not familiar at all with modding or scriptiing or anything like that, but this is what I had in mind. ((THERE ARE SOME MINOR SPOILERS BELOW!!!))

After you find Dogmeat in the scrapyard, eventually you're going to arrive in Rivet City, and you'll probably run into Dr. Zimmer at some point (for those of you who may not know him, he's a doctor from the Commonwealth that is searching for his Android run-away.) If you have Dogmeat following you as a companion, Dr. Zimmer would have a new dialogue enabled that would cause him to ask you where exactly you got the dog. After some discussion, you come to learn that Dogmeat was actually a prototype Canine Android developed by the Commonwealth that ran away with the Humanoid Android that is being searched for by Zimmer. Perhaps Zimmer could attempt to take Dogmeat, who reacts very negatively. So, instead, Zimmer offers to give you a quest where you travel to say a Commonwealth outpost to the north (to be modded in) and report to A scientist there. Once there, the scientist asks you to allow him to run some diagnostics on Dogmeat, which take some time. Here you can choose to wait or run around doing other stuff. Once the wait time is passed, you return to find that Dogmeat has been given several upgrades which allow him to:

A: Change color at will. This would require new textures for Dogmeat, as well as a script that would cause his texture to change out in game, if that is possible. Perhaps FOSE???

B: Change eye colors. Same as above.

C: Change aggressiveness. Make him either be a silent companion, waiting till you attack to make his own move, or a raging mad-dog, wild and untame. Good for stealth or guns-blazing type characters.

D: Considering that Dogmeat would now be an Android, his rediculous attack power at higher levels and durability would be far more easily explainable.

E: He's an Android. Which means quite a few things could be done to him. Suggestions...?

I brainstormed all of this while sitting at my computer in the middle of a Communist Alaska. I have NO modding experience, but I'm very willing to learn to try and help make this a reality. Still, I imagine this would be a multi person effort. Textures, scripts, and new NPCs/Dialog/Interiors/Exteriors would be needed. SO...

What do you guys think?