ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Final Fantasy 4 style Dark Knight Equipment

immortalfrieza

Good to hear. Before I start nitpicking again, is the female version using CBBE? It might be just that the breasts stand out so much because they're ridiculously big. If so, Maybe if I could see how the armor looks with the vanilla females my nitpick might disappear. Regardless, all I'm wanting is something that keeps the breasts from standing out so much.

Oh, and I didn't really notice it until just now, but could you lighten the hand parts a bit? They feel a little bit too dark when I look at them compared to the armor parts of the gauntlets.

Extremely!!! WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME?!? :laugh:

Gotta keep the suspense up! :laugh:

The hands are currently using the same texture as the undersuit/bodysuit beneath the armor, so when I changed it to solid black, it made the hands darker automatically. I can lighten it back up a little, or maybe just separate the hands to a different texture if you'd like.

....Now that you mention it, I was building this on the vanilla body, but the vanilla body actually doesn't HAVE breasts. (There are holes in the chest where they should be, that get covered by armor/clothes. I was using another piece of armor to get the general shape right, but all my armors have been patched for CBBE, yes. So I think I inadvertently used CBBE breasts as a basis for the shape. :laugh: I'm headin to bed, but I'll load up a vanilla armor set tomorrow and see about re-shaping them back to that. :cool:

On a side note: For the moment, I narrowed and slightly shrunk the helmet to use on human females, to make it look a little more size-appropriate. Did you want any actual changes to the way the face looks or anything? Also, anything specific you were wanting on the beast versions?

Take care!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear. Before I start nitpicking again, is the female version using CBBE? It might be just that the breasts stand out so much because they're ridiculously big. If so, Maybe if I could see how the armor looks with the vanilla females my nitpick might disappear. Regardless, all I'm wanting is something that keeps the breasts from standing out so much.

Oh, and I didn't really notice it until just now, but could you lighten the hand parts a bit? They feel a little bit too dark when I look at them compared to the armor parts of the gauntlets.

Extremely!!! WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME?!? :laugh:

Gotta keep the suspense up! :laugh:

The hands are currently using the same texture as the undersuit/bodysuit beneath the armor, so when I changed it to solid black, it made the hands darker automatically. I can lighten it back up a little, or maybe just separate the hands to a different texture if you'd like.

Please do, they don't quite look like they do in the reference pics like that. I like the black undersuit as a whole, just the hands seem to be an issue.

On a side note: For the moment, I narrowed and slightly shrunk the helmet to use on human females, to make it look a little more size-appropriate. Did you want any actual changes to the way the face looks or anything? Also, anything specific you were wanting on the beast versions?

Take care!

Well, I'm hoping that the female helmets mostly just look like the male version with size accounted for. I'd like the same with beast helmets but I don't know about those really, I do know I don't want them to look deformed because of the muzzle, so if you can avoid that it would help. Really though, I'm having a hard time imagining either one, post a pic when you can for both and then I'll take a look.

Oh yeah, now that I think about it, how will the beast race's tails look like with this armor on?

Edited by immortalfrieza

Please do, they don't quite look like they do in the reference pics like that. I like the black undersuit as a whole, just the hands seem to be an issue.

Well, I'm hoping that the female helmets mostly just look like the male version with size accounted for. I'd like the same with beast helmets but I don't know about those really, I do know I don't want them to look deformed because of the muzzle, so if you can avoid that it would help. Really though, I'm having a hard time imagining either one, post a pic when you can for both and then I'll take a look.

Oh yeah, now that I think about it, how will the beast race's tails look like with this armor on?

Ok, not a problem. I'll whip up a new texture for the gloves to make them match better.

Ok so the (human) female helmet is a little shorter/smaller, and a decent amount narrower than the male. Otherwise, however, it's the same. Funny thing is, in-game you can't really tell the difference unless you have the 2 standing next to eachother. :laugh: Also, I was right. I had used a CBBE chest to get the general shape of the breasts. I've been using CBBE for so long, I had forgotten how... uhh.... flat, the vanilla model is. :laugh: I re-shaped the armor to match vanilla better, and moved the straps so they're more centered. Let me know if this is more what you were wanting.

http://i.imgur.com/Gkcj6Nt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/aSOLKhF.jpg

I actually haven't played around much with the beast races yet, so I totally spaced the tails. I'll tinker with that a bit before bed to see how it looks. As for the helmets, I've got the beast heads imported into Blender, and the biggest issue I can see is simply the fact that they're considerably larger than the human heads. I've got a pretty good idea what to do for the Argonian one, but the Khajit ears have got me a little stumped. I'll come up with somethin good though.

Edit: Actually, the tails couldn't look much better! Turns out that little round notch on the top rear of the 'bottom' armor is almost exactly where the tails attach. Almost looks meant to be. :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/U7MumVw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IEzmNnd.jpg

Edited by GingerArcher

Ok so the (human) female helmet is a little shorter/smaller, and a decent amount narrower than the male. Otherwise, however, it's the same. Funny thing is, in-game you can't really tell the difference unless you have the 2 standing next to eachother. :laugh:

That's good, I shouldn't be able to tell the difference that much between the various helmets.

Also, I was right. I had used a CBBE chest to get the general shape of the breasts. I've been using CBBE for so long, I had forgotten how... uhh.... flat, the vanilla model is. :laugh: I re-shaped the armor to match vanilla better, and moved the straps so they're more centered. Let me know if this is more what you were wanting.

I'd say they look a little better now, though could I see what they look like if they have those square plates instead of curves, just to check? Also, shouldn't straps should be in a slight V shape with the point inward like the male ones have?

I suppose I should show you what it was I was looking for, I was thinking of something subtle when it came to the breast area. Kinda like how these armors look:

Here's iron:

http://images.uesp.net/4/4e/SR-item-Iron_Armor_Female_01.jpg

Here's steel:

http://images.uesp.net/thumb/7/7d/SR-item-Steel_Armor_Female_02.jpg/600px-SR-item-Steel_Armor_Female_02.jpg

As you can see with these, the indentation for the breasts are visible, but they don't really look different than the male versions. Come to think of it, how did they manage to pull that off?

I actually haven't played around much with the beast races yet, so I totally spaced the tails. I'll tinker with that a bit before bed to see how it looks. As for the helmets, I've got the beast heads imported into Blender, and the biggest issue I can see is simply the fact that they're considerably larger than the human heads. I've got a pretty good idea what to do for the Argonian one, but the Khajit ears have got me a little stumped. I'll come up with somethin good though.

I was thinking the same thing about the helmet, it would look weird if the helmet were curved forward to fit the beast muzzle, or to have the muzzles shown, so I'm wondering how that would work. You can also just have the helmet ignore and cover up the beast heads like the vanilla closed helmets do if you have to.

Edit: Actually, the tails couldn't look much better! Turns out that little round notch on the top rear of the 'bottom' armor is almost exactly where the tails attach. Almost looks meant to be. :laugh:

Now that I think about it, is it possible to put something on the beast tails to fit the armor when you put it on? I wonder what that it would look like if you put the black body suit or armor plates on it.

You keep doing good work. Sorry I'm being so picky about it.

Edited by immortalfrieza

I'd say they look a little better now, though could I see what they look like if they have those square plates instead of curves, just to check? Also, shouldn't straps should be in a slight V shape with the point inward like the male ones have?

As you can see with these, the indentation for the breasts are visible, but they don't really look different than the male versions. Come to think of it, how did they manage to pull that off?

I was thinking the same thing about the helmet, it would look weird if the helmet were curved forward to fit the beast muzzle, or to have the muzzles shown, so I'm wondering how that would work. You can also just have the helmet ignore and cover up the beast heads like the vanilla closed helmets do if you have to.

Now that I think about it, is it possible to put something on the beast tails to fit the armor when you put it on? I wonder what that it would look like if you put the black body suit or armor plates on it.

No worries! :cool:

I'll post up a pic tonight with the square plates, easily done. I actually set the straps to bend the other way on purpose, just to give a little more variation between the male/female versions. If you're wanting them to look more alike though they can easily be moved back. I've kept them as a separate mesh on purpose. :laugh:

Actually, since I haven't built custom helmets for the beasts yet, that's exactly how it works right now. They replace the beast heads with the human helmet when equipped. I'd rather add custom versions though, just to complete the set. Or at least make the attempt. :devil: Is there any armor in the game that adds armor to the tails? As I said before, I haven't messed with them much, so I don't know if the game has a way to add different tail meshes based on the armor worn. Definitely something I can look into!

No worries! :cool:

I'll post up a pic tonight with the square plates, easily done. I actually set the straps to bend the other way on purpose, just to give a little more variation between the male/female versions. If you're wanting them to look more alike though they can easily be moved back. I've kept them as a separate mesh on purpose. :laugh:

I would like to see the male and female versions of the armor to look as alike as possible, aside from some size differences. At least I'd like to see it like that first before I judge it.

Actually, since I haven't built custom helmets for the beasts yet, that's exactly how it works right now. They replace the beast heads with the human helmet when equipped. I'd rather add custom versions though, just to complete the set. Or at least make the attempt. :devil:

Go ahead and make a custom beast helmets. If they work they work, if they don't then at least we have something to fall back on.

Is there any armor in the game that adds armor to the tails? As I said before, I haven't messed with them much, so I don't know if the game has a way to add different tail meshes based on the armor worn. Definitely something I can look into!

I don't think there is any vanilla armors that have armor on the tails, but there's a few mods that put them on there. Google them and maybe ask the modder how they did it.

I'm asking for it mostly because I don't think the tails match the look of the armor that well, I especially doubt the Khajiit tails will fit with the armor.

Edited by immortalfrieza

I would like to see the male and female versions of the armor to look as alike as possible, aside from some size differences. At least I'd like to see it like that first before I judge it.

Go ahead and make a custom beast helmets. If they work they work, if they don't then at least we have something to fall back on.

I don't think there is any vanilla armors that have armor on the tails, but there's a few mods that put them on there. Google them and maybe ask the modder how they did it.

I'm asking for it mostly because I don't think the tails match the look of the armor that well, I especially doubt the Khajiit tails will fit with the armor.

Ok, so I'm attaching a pic from Blender that shows the female armor with both versions of the chestplate, so you can compare them. They both look good and work fine, but I guess the biggest issue I have personally with the square ones is that they pretty much eliminate any feminine qualities of the armor. It's essentially the male armor, slimmed down, but with wider hips and a curvier back. Since a helmet is included, if someone is running around with multiple people wearing the armor, it would be really difficult to tell any of them apart. :laugh: (I know, not everybody runs around with an army of followers) The rest of the armor is pretty form-fitting, and representative of the body beneath it, (even including a simulated six-pack on the stomach), so in my mind it stands to reason the big square chest plates are representative of male pectoral muscles. For that reason, it seems odd to put the same square ones on a woman. But again, just my opinion. Hell, for that matter, since I and many others use CBBE and other bodies, I'll be doing a patch for other bodies anyway. I could always include both versions and let people pick & choose. :laugh:

(Note that the straps are removed in this pic so you can see the full plates)

http://i.imgur.com/wbQCpmi.png

Anyway, I'll look into the tail armor idea, and I'm working on the beast helmets. I think I've got a pretty good concept going for the Khajits, so I'm excited to see if it works. :cool:

Ok, so I'm attaching a pic from Blender that shows the female armor with both versions of the chestplate, so you can compare them. They both look good and work fine, but I guess the biggest issue I have personally with the square ones is that they pretty much eliminate any feminine qualities of the armor. It's essentially the male armor, slimmed down, but with wider hips and a curvier back. Since a helmet is included, if someone is running around with multiple people wearing the armor, it would be really difficult to tell any of them apart. :laugh: (I know, not everybody runs around with an army of followers) The rest of the armor is pretty form-fitting, and representative of the body beneath it, (even including a simulated six-pack on the stomach), so in my mind it stands to reason the big square chest plates are representative of male pectoral muscles. For that reason, it seems odd to put the same square ones on a woman. But again, just my opinion. Hell, for that matter, since I and many others use CBBE and other bodies, I'll be doing a patch for other bodies anyway. I could always include both versions and let people pick & choose. :laugh:

I like the one with the squares better, I don't know, it just looks "off" without them. Why don't you go ahead and put up both.

Anyway, I'll look into the tail armor idea, and I'm working on the beast helmets. I think I've got a pretty good concept going for the Khajits, so I'm excited to see if it works. :cool:

Not half as excited as I am!

BTW, did you fix the gloves yet?

EDIT: Now that you mention it, let's see what the female armor looks like without the six packs. If it looks good that could be another thing to differentiate the genders even with the square plates.

Edited by immortalfrieza

Ok, sorry for the absence the past few days. Daughter's party was a huge hit though, so that's a plus. :laugh:

Hmm... I'll try removing the 6-pack just to see, but that would basically leave her stomach bare. Worth tryin I guess.

The gloves are on my to-do list, but that's honestly a really simple fix so I haven't made it a priority.

Don't have anything to show in pics, but work has resumed. To give a run-down, here's where we're at:

Human male armor: Essentially done, unless any further necessary tweaks are found.

Human female armor: Unless we decide to eliminate the 6-pack, the size 0 set is done. Both with square and round options. I've started the size 1 conversions.

Beasts: Khajit helmet is almost done, and I've got the Argonian one planned out. I did some research and found that tail armor should actually be pretty easy to implement, so I'll tack that on after the helmets. :devil:

Shield: I'd say 95% done. It's fully functional and everything, I'm just still not 100% satisfied with the texture. I'll probably revisit it a little more towards the end.

Sword: Still need to fix the alpha settings and try to get the flame to have more substance. BUT: That said...

Had a big breakthrough on the enchantments tonight. I just spent some time in-game doing a mass-murder spree for testing purposes, and so far the weapon enchantment seems to be working. :devil: As long as I don't find any bugs with it, I'll create the matching armor enchantment later and that part will be good to go!

Laters! :cool:

Ok, sorry for the absence the past few days. Daughter's party was a huge hit though, so that's a plus. :laugh:

The gloves are on my to-do list, but that's honestly a really simple fix so I haven't made it a priority.

Don't have anything to show in pics, but work has resumed. To give a run-down, here's where we're at:

Human male armor: Essentially done, unless any further necessary tweaks are found.

Human female armor: Unless we decide to eliminate the 6-pack, the size 0 set is done. Both with square and round options. I've started the size 1 conversions.

Beasts: Khajit helmet is almost done, and I've got the Argonian one planned out. I did some research and found that tail armor should actually be pretty easy to implement, so I'll tack that on after the helmets. :devil:

Shield: I'd say 95% done. It's fully functional and everything, I'm just still not 100% satisfied with the texture. I'll probably revisit it a little more towards the end.

Sword: Still need to fix the alpha settings and try to get the flame to have more substance. BUT: That said...

Had a big breakthrough on the enchantments tonight. I just spent some time in-game doing a mass-murder spree for testing purposes, and so far the weapon enchantment seems to be working. :devil: As long as I don't find any bugs with it, I'll create the matching armor enchantment later and that part will be good to go!

Laters! :cool:

Must... contain... excitement... :pinch:

Hmm... I'll try removing the 6-pack just to see, but that would basically leave her stomach bare. Worth tryin I guess.

As for the six packs, I didn't have exposing her midriff in mind if that's what you mean. I was thinking with the female armor for it just to be a solid piece of form fitting flat metal where they used to be, I think that would make the armor look a little more feminine even with the square plates,

This is the best pic I could find to illustrate what I mean:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/142/f/4/female_elven_armor_set_by_shattan-d3gx1nr.jpg

As you can see here, the armor allows one to tell where the breasts end and the stomach area begins, without having too be too obvious about the breasts themselves. It's also not very muscular looking, which is fitting since both in real life and Skyrim muscles aren't as obvious in women as they are in men.

Edited by immortalfrieza