ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Final Fantasy 4 style Dark Knight Equipment

immortalfrieza

Yea, unfortunately, scaling the helmet up enough to make the snout not an issue makes it HUGE, and looks even goofier. :mellow: If you don't like the way it's working out, we can drop the snout as you said.

The enchantment's proving to be a serious pain. I've even looked at custom enchantments people have made for other mods, but none have the repeating/constantly increasing type of thing we're looking for. At this point, I'm thinking it would be a lot easier if I create multiple versions of the gear, (easily done in the CK), and create a set of quests to "trade up" after set #'s of kills. Would that be a decent enough substitute if the enchantment proves to be un-doable?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, unfortunately, scaling the helmet up enough to make the snout not an issue makes it HUGE, and looks even goofier. :mellow: If you don't like the way it's working out, we can drop the snout as you said.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's just not going to work like that. You could upload a version with and without separately if you want to though, I'm sure there's plenty of other people who don't care so much.

The enchantment's proving to be a serious pain. I've even looked at custom enchantments people have made for other mods, but none have the repeating/constantly increasing type of thing we're looking for. At this point, I'm thinking it would be a lot easier if I create multiple versions of the gear, (easily done in the CK), and create a set of quests to "trade up" after set #'s of kills. Would that be a decent enough substitute if the enchantment proves to be un-doable?

Well, I came up with the idea for the enchantment after using alexs9k Vampire Overhaul mod. It uses the vampire bite count the game keeps track of to improve the vampire stats, and I was hoping for something like that with this armor. Maybe you could check out how that works and see if you could do something similar. I think that maybe it being an enchantment is what's causing the problem.

You could always try the helmet without the face... i know its the iconic part of the armor but it could be a toggleable mask (I think) or you could work the muzzle into the design by changing the face to look like its snarling... just thoughts...

Yeah, I'm thinking it's just not going to work like that. You could upload a version with and without separately if you want to though, I'm sure there's plenty of other people who don't care so much.

Well, I came up with the idea for the enchantment after using alexs9k Vampire Overhaul mod. It uses the vampire bite count the game keeps track of to improve the vampire stats, and I was hoping for something like that with this armor. Maybe you could check out how that works and see if you could do something similar. I think that maybe it being an enchantment is what's causing the problem.

Yea, I can upload the separate Argonian helmet as an optional file, like the planned CBBE patch. That'd be easy.

Oooo I haven't tried that vamp overhaul yet, so I'll take a look at it and see how it works. Might shed some light on the issue at least.

You could always try the helmet without the face... i know its the iconic part of the armor but it could be a toggleable mask (I think) or you could work the muzzle into the design by changing the face to look like its snarling... just thoughts...

Hmmm.... Possibly... I'm not sure how it would look without the mask on the front. (They *are* separate meshes, so it'd be easy enough to at least attempt) Lots of food for thought tonight. :laugh:

Hmmm.... Possibly... I'm not sure how it would look without the mask on the front. (They *are* separate meshes, so it'd be easy enough to at least attempt) Lots of food for thought tonight. :laugh:

A toggleable retractable mask would actually be pretty brilliant since Cecil only puts the mask on when he's fighting or something anyway, I think Kain has something similar. I'd probably always keep it up but it would be a nice option to have.

Is it possible to be excited to death? I feel like it is! :laugh:

BTW, make any changes to the female armor yet?

Edited by immortalfrieza

A toggleable retractable mask would actually be pretty brilliant since Cecil only puts the mask on when he's fighting or something anyway, I think Kain has something similar. I'd probably always keep it up but it would be a nice option to have.

Alrighty then, I'll see about doing an open-faced helmet as well. :laugh:

I did tweak the female stomach, but it's very subtle. I'll add a pic here for you to check out. I'm still not 100% sold on it, but it's better.

http://i.imgur.com/74QG664.jpg

I wish I had known about that vamp mod earlier. I haven't started tearing into the files yet to confirm it, but based just on reading the description, I think I figured out how he managed it. It sounds like he created a faction that advances the player's rank based on the # of bites, and each new rank increases the stat bonuses. Very, very clever. If I'm interpreting that right, it should be cakewalk to create a similar system for our needs. Wish I had thought of it. :laugh: Fingers crossed. :cool:

Alrighty then, I'll see about doing an open-faced helmet as well. :laugh:

I did tweak the female stomach, but it's very subtle. I'll add a pic here for you to check out. I'm still not 100% sold on it, but it's better.

http://i.imgur.com/74QG664.jpg

I wish I had known about that vamp mod earlier. I haven't started tearing into the files yet to confirm it, but based just on reading the description, I think I figured out how he managed it. It sounds like he created a faction that advances the player's rank based on the # of bites, and each new rank increases the stat bonuses. Very, very clever. If I'm interpreting that right, it should be cakewalk to create a similar system for our needs. Wish I had thought of it. :laugh: Fingers crossed. :cool:

I'd definitely say that the female armor looks better, the other looked like she let herself go a little. Now that I look at it though, I think that bump above where the 6 pack used to be sticks out like a sore thumb. That's probably something that should be removed.

You said it will be a cakewalk? You're jinking it man! :laugh:

EDIT: I still can't tell where the breasts end and the stomach begins all that well though.

Edited by immortalfrieza

I'd definitely say that the female armor looks better, the other looked like she let herself go a little. Now that I look at it though, I think that bump above where the 6 pack used to be sticks out like a sore thumb. That's probably something that should be removed.

EDIT: I still can't tell where the breasts end and the stomach begins all that well though.

Ok, just so you're not thinking I've vanished... :laugh:

Yea, I'll do something with that bump on the lower chest. You're right that it seems odd now. I think we're pretty close to having the female bod ironed out though now, eh?

I've been working on the enchantment thing. I misinterpreted that mod's description though, and it turns out he used racial perks to apply his bonuses rather than the faction system. So I won't be able to *directly* use his system for our needs. I did, however, learn quite a bit about how he got the effects to work and managed to get a bit closer to a working version of this one. :cool: I need to do some testing on it with characters of different levels just to be sure it's continuing to work up the line, but it should be good.

I also learned a few other tricks that I'm debating on throwing into this mod, but I wanna test those first too before I spill the beans. :devil:

All in all, I think we're getting really close to a release now!

Ok, just so you're not thinking I've vanished... :laugh:

Yea, I'll do something with that bump on the lower chest. You're right that it seems odd now. I think we're pretty close to having the female bod ironed out though now, eh?

I've been working on the enchantment thing. I misinterpreted that mod's description though, and it turns out he used racial perks to apply his bonuses rather than the faction system. So I won't be able to *directly* use his system for our needs. I did, however, learn quite a bit about how he got the effects to work and managed to get a bit closer to a working version of this one. :cool: I need to do some testing on it with characters of different levels just to be sure it's continuing to work up the line, but it should be good.

I also learned a few other tricks that I'm debating on throwing into this mod, but I wanna test those first too before I spill the beans. :devil:

All in all, I think we're getting really close to a release now!

WARNING! WARNING! Excitement reaching critical levels!!! Explosion imminent!