Looking for..... a house.

gpstr1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you choose the home you want and then use Advanced Mark and Recall?

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10985

There are plenty of non uber homes, but few of them have a recall.

This is one that does, is nice and not very uber.. it has an ingredient sorter and an indoor garden but besides those it's only a humble priory style house with one bedroom, and a pretty yard. I actually furnished mine with stuff I bought from the Imperial furniture store.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20400

About those exclamation points in your cottage:

2. The portable campsite mod was only half-included in this; the plugin files were merged, but the resources and textures were not. If you actually plan on using that stuff, I recommend you get the original portable campsite mod so you don't have giant ! or WTF symbols etc.

I can't bring myself to use mark and recall-- they're just too uber. I don't even really like using fast travel, and pretty much just use it when I'm already approaching my max encumbrance and know I'm going to pass at least two or three bandits between here and there, and that just because I hate to miss out on their loot.

I probably wouldn't mind if it didn't have a map marker, so long as it was relatively easy to find.

Thanks for the link-- unfortunately, I have little interest in installing COBL and don't have SI, so I can't use the mod.

And yeah-- I knew why I had a set of portable exclamation points-- I just thought (hoped?) it was sort of funny to refer to them as a set of portable exclamation points. I've been tempted off and on to dl the portable bedroll, but it hasn't been a priority.

Thanks for the response.

You're welcome but I'm afraid it's not going to be stoic enough for your taste. I hope you looked at the pic gallery.

I understand about mark & recall, and had a feeling about it when I suggested it. But you never know.

I thought I'd suggest a couple others..

You might consider

Hognuts Haven http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16420

And I have a couple others in mind I have to look for.

Oh and I used that portable tent mod, and I really did like it, I believe you can be woken up if there is an attacker while you sleep if I remember correctly, so it wasn't too uber.

Another tent mod I used for a long time actually pitched a large beautiful tent anywhere. I like it a lot but it added a reasonable amount of weight to your load, and there was an issue with trying to store it indoors (you couldn't stash it in an indoor container because it would spawn more in your inventory.)

You could pitch it in your back yard once you bought a house though, and it would serve as the recall point.

Oh, it doesn't have to be stoic-- I don't mind some frills and nice decorating and such (though I do sort of like the Hermit's Cave, and speaking of the Hermit's Cave, that's what your most recent post also links to, instead of Hognuts Haven). I just have no interest in an 18 room mansion with a bunch of uber items and that seems to be what the majority of house mods are. The game's easy enough as it is-- I don't need my own enchanting altar or a set of teleport doors or a private army.

I wouldn't mind a farmhouse actually-- horses and sheep and such. I just want a place that's not in any of the cities and has a bed, some practical storage and maybe a nice view from the front door.

Gad.... I'm probably starting to sound like one of those people who respond to posts of new weapons with something like, "culd u maek the sword mor powerful n like black with big silver stud things on it? that'd be kewl!!1!" Like them, maybe I should just make it myself.

But I KNOW there's a house out there somewhere that's what I'm looking for, and I already know that if I try to do it myself, I'll spend hours moving tables back and forth and rearranging lighting and putting walls in and taking walls out and never be satisfied with it..... I started at least four different houses in Morrowind and never finished any of them.

:biggrin:

Believe me, I understand. I'm still remodeling my first oblivion house I started on a year ago.. and none of my characters live in it!

I have not used Hognuts Haven but I have heard good things about it. I will link it in a moment:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19789

This one is pretty cool it allows you to live at Gweden Farm after the quest. I always loved that place. I had this in my game but never used it much, only because I had moved on to other homes by then.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20503

Princess Stomper I believe made an addition to the Anvil Abandoned house, I played that one for a long while myself.

http://princessstomper.wordpress.com/2009/...l-basement-2-0/

Oops it's in the city, but it makes a great crashpad.

One more suggestion:

If you stumble across the home of your dreams, and it doesn't have a recall, you could request one in the forums and I'm sure someone would create an add-on for you. It would be a simple mod and I highly doubt any of the mod makers would mind if someone else made you one. They may even add it to their mod themselves if they're still modding.

I;m looking for the same thing, but i know a bit about the TESCS, so maybe ill build us both one? Only if you want. If you want me to, can you PMme about what kind of style you want, architexture, already decorated yes or no, or anything else you think you would like.

I could make you it in about... half a day? Half a day if I put alot of effort in and get the detail right.

Hognut's is fairly nice, really. It's got nice storage and a nice layout-- the only real problem is that it has a chest with three painfully uber items in it.

Sort of a digression, I know, but I really don't understand uber items. It's not like this game is hard, so why on Earth does anyone need, for instance (as this house contains) a katana that does four times the base damage of a normal katana and has a speed of 1.6, PLUS:

damage health 25 pts in 5 ft for 12 sec

damage magicka 25 pts in 5 ft for 12 sec

disintegrate armor 25 pts in 5 ft

disintegrate weapon 25 pts in 5 ft, and

paralyze in 5 ft for 5 sec?

Or a robe and hood BOTH of which do:

reflect damage 25%

reflect spell 25%

resist disease 25%

resist paralysis 25%

fort. health 50 pts

fort. magicka 50 pts, and

fort. blade 25 pts?

What's the point of even playing the game with items like that? I took the katana out just to see, and at my current level 11, killed a minotaur in three hits. I hit it once and it flew up into the air, then I hit it twice more before it even hit the ground. It never even got a swing at me.

I might as well have just opened the console and typed "kill."

I don't know.... maybe it's just me, but I don't get how playing with items like that is even vaguely fun.......

Anyway-- thanks for Hognut's-- it really is a nice house and pretty close to what I was looking for, and I can just ignore those bizarrely uber items.

Y'know..... I wonder what would happen if I went back to an early enough save and reverse-pickpocketed them onto Aldos Othran.....

I never understood it, myself. Basically because if I want an uber item I'll just make it to my own custom specifications. I have done that, but I never use pre-echanted items or weapons, except ones I've won from doing the vanilla quests.

It's super easy to into the console and remove the item's enchantment.

But about reverse pickpocketing, I was never able to do it unless the item weighed "Zero".

There's a wonderful home I think you'd like, (I saw it at Oblivion Real Estate, but it's posted here on Nexus), the only thing it's missing is that recall spell. It would be more worthwhile to make the Home Recall addons for mods like that then to try to reinvent the wheel for someone else's taste. In my opinion, is all.

But I think you may have found your home for the time being.

Before you make your final answer though, I forgot this one has fast travel.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5003

I highly recommend Oblivion Real Estate for all your realty needs in the future:

http://www.oblivionsrealestate.com/Find_A_...ind_a_home.html