Looking for..... a house.

gpstr1

You know you wouldnt be "debted" to someone, they wanted to do it for free, without asking for anything. But you know, what ever. I've started another one, not for you, but for me, since the other one got *ban me* up
I'd feel that I was in debt to them, no matter what they said about it. That's just the way I am. I can ask for something simple (like a link to an already-existing house) just because this is a forum and doling out information is part of the point. I can thank the person who gives me the information and feel content with that, and maybe even someday get a chance to give them some information they want in return. But actually doing something like making a house, and making it to MY specifications-- that, to me, is just too big of a thing. It's not something that I can pay back with a simple thank you, or at least it feels that way to me.

But hell-- all I've managed to do by trying to avoid that situation is make you mad, so I don't know what else to do or say.......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a simple farmhouse you could try my Maple Leaf Cottage. It has a basement and NO cheat items. Just a house in the West Weald with a map marker.

I prefer the simple life as well. :biggrin:

However, it does have a horse and two pet dogs which are companions. But none of the other things you mentioned.

Maple Leaf Cottage

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20949

I know I'm promoting my own mod so if that's a problem there are others to look at. :smile:

BTW...the lion doesn't come with it.

If you want a simple farmhouse you could try my Maple Leaf Cottage. It has a basement and NO cheat items. Just a house in the West Weald with a map marker.

However, it does have a horse and two pet dogs which are companions. But none of the other things you mentioned.

Maple Leaf Cottage

I know I'm promoting my own mod so if that's a problem there are others to look at. :smile:

While you're at it, check out her other fine mods. :thumbsup:

I've always loved your work Maigrets!

And just for the wonder of it, I suggest everyone go see Oblivion Real Estates Water Homes Challenge participants, I think they're all winners.

http://www.oblivionsrealestate.com/Water_H..._challenge.html

You know you wouldnt be "debted" to someone, they wanted to do it for free, without asking for anything. But you know, what ever. I've started another one, not for you, but for me, since the other one got *ban me* up
I'd feel that I was in debt to them, no matter what they said about it. That's just the way I am. I can ask for something simple (like a link to an already-existing house) just because this is a forum and doling out information is part of the point. I can thank the person who gives me the information and feel content with that, and maybe even someday get a chance to give them some information they want in return. But actually doing something like making a house, and making it to MY specifications-- that, to me, is just too big of a thing. It's not something that I can pay back with a simple thank you, or at least it feels that way to me.

But hell-- all I've managed to do by trying to avoid that situation is make you mad, so I don't know what else to do or say.......

I'm not mad, I was just saying that its not really that big a thing, I can make a decent house in about an hour, and have it working.

Has anyone mentioned Oblivion's Real Estate yet (haven't read thru all theposts)? Lots of houses of all types categorised there.

http://www.oblivionsrealestate.com/

About the Anvil Cottage I mentioned a couple of pages ago: I'm wondering now if I got the same version as the one currently up for download -- the one with the doorkey problem and the untextured portable camp stuff. Mine is obviously the same house, the pics show that, but it doesn't have any of the reported issues; the key was easily obtained as described and there weren't any mesh/texture flaws.

Maybe I got it from the link above and not from the nexus, but if I did, it isn't there anymore. So... I'm puzzled :confused:

Maple Leaf Cottage

In all honesty, I'm just thrilled to even get a suggestion from the person who brought cats to my game. ATM, Echo lives in the Bruma house, Cleo adorns Rosethorn Hall, Misty moved into Benirus Manor, Pepper relaxes in the Cheydinhal house, Jazz prowls the IC waterfront and Oscar travels with me (from house to house at least-- he's not much into dungeon crawling).

But anyway, obsessive cat-person stuff aside, I look forward to trying out your house, and thanks. :biggrin:

While you're at it, check out her other fine mods. :thumbsup:

I've always loved your work Maigrets!

As do I.

And just for the wonder of it, I suggest everyone go see Oblivion Real Estates Water Homes Challenge participants, I think they're all winners.

http://www.oblivionsrealestate.com/Water_H..._challenge.html

I saw that challenge the other night and 'm actually considering trying to do a mod for it, just because I've got a few ideas that seem like good ones. Though I'm sure that I'd once again get bogged down in the petty details and never finish it.....

But still.....

Maple Leaf Cottage

In all honesty, I'm just thrilled to even get a suggestion from the person who brought cats to my game. ATM, Echo lives in the Bruma house, Cleo adorns Rosethorn Hall, Misty moved into Benirus Manor, Pepper relaxes in the Cheydinhal house, Jazz prowls the IC waterfront and Oscar travels with me (from house to house at least-- he's not much into dungeon crawling).

But anyway, obsessive cat-person stuff aside, I look forward to trying out your house, and thanks. :biggrin:

I hope you like it. No, don't take the kitties dungeon crawling... :biggrin: they might choke on a furball. They will be getting an update sometime soon to remove the compatibility issues with Better Cities for good by adding their spells directly to them. Plus maybe something else.

@ myrmaad...thanks to you too. :smile: