Looking for..... a house.

gpstr1

I think I know exactly what you are looking for. ;)

Its called Abandoned Mountain Shack. Look it up if you want it only has one minor thing that is "uber", but it requires something to do before you earn it.

Mmmm.... I was just looking at Abandoned Mountain Shack last night, but didn't dl it, mostly because it's a big file and I'm on a slow connection. But it's right at the top of my list when I've got the time and the patience to sit through the download. I've even got its page here bookmarked.

Thanks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha! Somehow, I didn't lose any of my mod data! So, I'll be continueing it. Remember, it's not specifically for you, but i'm doing it along the lines of your specifications because alot of people want the same thing.

Aha! Somehow, I didn't lose any of my mod data! So, I'll be continueing it. Remember, it's not specifically for you, but i'm doing it along the lines of your specifications because alot of people want the same thing.

Great news, katshy!

Erm, lets jus say something happened and i cant seem to find the esp anywhere. I ca see it in the CS, i can see it in the data files bit, but i cant find it in the data folder, stopping me frm uploading it.

Yowp.....

Much though I appreciate the offer, I really don't want someone to make me a house. That wasn't the point of all of this and I hate being in debt to anyone. I just figured that, somewhere in the 91 pages of house mods listed here, there was one that was most like what I was looking for, and I thought maybe it would be easier to just find somebody on the forum who had seen such a house and could point me at it than to not only wade through all those pages, but to do so and run the risk that I'd miss the one I was looking for anyway, since so many of the partial descriptions on the browse pages don't contain any really useful information.

Damn.

I don't know at this point if it's more offensive to accept an offer that makes of me a debtor or to turn down an offer freely made.....

*sigh*

What I was looking for is a house outside of any city in a pleasant setting, relatively centrally located (north, south, east or west of IC doesn't much matter, so long as it's not all the way over on one side of the map, though the two I've added since yesterday are to the north and to the east of IC, so maybe south or west would be best), with maybe a front porch with a nice view. A pond and waterfall(s) would be a bonus. The interior is all one cell, maybe a half dozen rooms on two floors at most. There's plenty of storage in a variety of containers so that I can keep track of what's in what without having the containers labeled. There's a bed, of course, and maybe a few other pieces of furniture, but furniture really isn't that important-- mostly it just gets in the way. Tables were nice in Morrowind, but in Oblivion it's a chore getting stuff laid out on them and then if you happen to run into them, the stuff flies across the room, so I just don't use them. The doorways between the rooms should either have no doors (my own preference) or the doors should open against the wall. I loathe doors that open out into the middle of the room, just because you open them the first time you come into the house, then they're just in the way from then on. The floorplan should be simple and obvious and as open as possible, without a maze of rooms.

My favorite vanilla house is Bruma, by far. It could use a few more chests, but that's about it-- other than that, it's just what I like.

Don't feel pressed. Dont worry about updating me. Don't concentrate on what you think I want. If you make something that's something like that, that'd be great, but you have to do it because it's what you want to do-- not because some yutz on a message board asked for it. Especially since I'm that yutz..... :biggrin:

You know you wouldnt be "debted" to someone, they wanted to do it for free, without asking for anything. But you know, what ever. I've started another one, not for you, but for me, since the other one got *ban me* up