Albino radsorpions

BadPenney

I searched forums for a bit about these creatures but didn't find the information that I'm looking for.

I've been told that a person who tried playing Return to Shady Sands found that the town was being overrun by albino radscorpions from Broken Steel before he was able to finish even the first quest. So I downloaded that DLC and I've finished the quests (I think) and still see none of the dreaded beasties anywhere. The only thing that the BoS seems to want me to do after blasting the Airport is to find cameras and mutant blood.

My character is still only level 23. Do the scorps only show up after you reach a higher level? I am patched to 1.7 and have only Fallout3.esm and Broken Steel enabled right now.

Also, when I load FO3 and Broken Steel into the GECK, I don't see any unique spawn points for Albino Radscorpions, so do they come from the same spawn points as yao guai or mole rats? Or is it a possibilty that this particular player is seeing spawns from another player mod instead of BS?

Really? They're everywhere at higher levels. The key is, they seem to have the same spawn point as regular and Giant radscorpions, so at higher levels they'll replace them. It can make it really nasty for some places; I've seen one block the entrance to Megaton, and others just out in the Wasteland. I'm pretty sure MMM might be a factor.

This fellow posted that albino scorpions were spawning right by the front gate of Shady Sands (which had no creature spawn points in FO3 of BS that I can see ) and near the southeast tower guard station ( which had 3 mole rat spawn points that I have already disabled ). Makes me think that he might be getting some overflow from MMM. I'll check with him.

Thanks for the replies.