Oh no, what have I done? :(

SavageBeatings

Ok, here's my story: (Before you say how stupid I am, I have to say that I know I am stupid. I'm not an computer expert. And I usually think more after I act.)

I was gonna download some mods from here, one was Tailor Maid. I downloaded it, but the readme said I needed ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! for it to work, so I followed that link and downloaded that as well. AIA's readme said that it will not work for Vista users if Fallout 3 is installed in Program Files. I tried anyways and the readme was right.

So now I have to install it somewhere else. I tried doing some noobish stuff like moving the whole Fallout 3 folder somewhere else but it still said it was installed in Program Files. I thought I had to uninstall and reinstall but to somewhere else, like My Games or something. Since I couldn't find any "Uninstall Fallout 3" button, I marked the whole Fallout 3 folder and hit delete.

Now here's where the real problem comes in - when I try to reinstall Fallout 3 (putting in the CD again, or clicking the D: icon in This Computer, nothing happens for a very long time, except for the computer thinking. Then an error pops up: "D:\ is not a valid Win32-program."

for a while I was affraid I messed up the CD somehow, so I tried putting in the CD in my other computer (the crappy one) and the installation guide shows ad normal. So it's my computer I messed up. How did I do that? (in my noobish act) How do I fix it?

Screeenshots:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9175/namnlsojs.jpg

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6055/namnls2c.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Savage

you need to clean out your pc register windows still thinks fallout 3 is still installed this is why you can`t install it again and thats why you are getting errors

i would tell you to use regedit but like you said you are no computer wiz :)

try this

http://www.ccleaner.com/

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)

install this and run it two,three times :)

On the Bethesda forums I asked the same thing. I got told to try RevoUninstaller, SecuROM removal tool and reinstalling the game in failsafe mode. Still the same error, D:\ not being a valid Win32-program.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...owtopic=1028524

Does that mean it's something wrong with my driver?

I will give the CCleaner a try though.

I was also told to try changing the drive letter, but he doubted that would work. I could try that aswell.

It sounds like the problem is that because you didn't uninstall the game and instead just deleted the folder, the computer still thinks that the game is installed, but now the files have gone you can't automatically uninstall it, nor re-install the game!

If you need to install something, go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Software and highlight it from the list in future mate (Most modern games have an Uninstall option if you insert the disk, or via the Start menu)

Oh and CCleaner is a very frendly and easy to use program, I use it a lot and often recommend it. It "should" remove the bits that you couldn't

I downloaded and used the CCleaner and that didn't work either!!!! I think I'm turning insane now guys. It might just be my drivers then! I've tried CCleaner, SecuROM removal tool, RevoUninstaller, trying to install the game in failsafe mode... and now I'm gonna try renaming my drive letter and... if that doesn't work.... I'll have to reinstall whole Windows.

Thanks for your time, but I think this is kinda mission failed.

Edit: and I couldn't change the drive letter..