I need some Ideas

stormwarrior

old german castles, like "Stolzenfels" are quite nice. Don't go for something like "Neuschwanstein", thats a bit overblown...

Most of the Castles have one thing in common: they where tailored to fit in the Landscape and make some use of it. Something that is not very well done in Oblivion.

There's something that you could do: Make a castle/Keep/whatever to fit onto the Landscape, i.e. mug around in that Landscape until your castle fits in.

A Nice Place for a Keep is on top of a Hill. The View is not only gorgeous but also of some military use because you could spot enemies from a great Distance. The other Way around, your Enemy sees a giant Castle sitting on top of a Hill, he knows it wont be easy climbing that Hill while your Soldiers throw all Sorts of poo at him, which was quite literal, historically accurate. And when he makes it that far he's standing on the outside of the Walls which seem to get higher and higher as the Enemy gets closer.

If some People decide to pay your Keep a visit, you may want to be prepared. If they can't crack your Walls, they may try to wait it out and lay Siege on you.

Have several Wells in your Castle, with huge pumping gear since you'll have to pull water from great depths. Have many Barrels there as well, People need Food. Have a small stable with Sheep. Some Sieges lasted for a really long time, the longest i know of being the second Siege of Constantinople, 674–678.

No Siege of any Castle took that long, anyone who wants to attack that Castle will do so before he gets too bored.

Any actual Attack may be thwarted by your own Siege machinery you may want to place inside your Castle. Also, have some Blacksmith Fireplaces and some iron Buckets around, burning coal does have quite an Effect on attacking Troops.

Also have Piles of Rocks placed conveniently on top of your Walls, as well as some long Sticks. Both will come in handy against Siege Ladders or Soldiers who'll try to climb them.

If you want a moad, place some wooden Stakes underwater.

Enemies wading through your moat will have to do so as fast as they can, lest they'd be hit by Arrows, Rocks, Coal or something.

It was quite well known that certain "unclean" things are very hazardous to one's health. If enemies wade through the water, which will most likely consist of more then 50% human waste, and they get pierced by the half rotten wooden Stakes, they will die in horrifying Agony, within minutes if a femur Artery is pierced. This will have quite an adverse Effect on the morale of their Comrades.

So, place stakes in the Water, the Kvatch Barrier things will do nicely.

All in all, make a "realistic" Castle. Maybe you'll fit Elderscrolls Lore in there somewhere. In addition to the Troops, some Mages could run around, healing or buffing the Troops. Have some Welkynd Stones and Stone Chest stocked with magicka Potions around.

Maybe you can squeeze a fetchquest in there, in which the Player has to fetch this number of Welkynd Stones and that Number of this Ingredient to make the Castle more Battleready.

To have an actual Battle take Place would be rather difficult. My Suggestions here are for building a Castle, which has, among other Things, the Function of scaring off any Potential Enemy. To do so, it would have to look a bit more functional then any Keep in Oblivion.

donnu if you know soul reaver 2

but there is some kind of dungeon with several towers in it

it looks something like that picture

i think it´d be pretty cool to have it in oblivion :biggrin:

though i didn´t find that much pictures

or maybe the pillars of nosgoth ( also from soulreaver)

hope that´s something you meant

old german castles, like "Stolzenfels" are quite nice. Don't go for something like "Neuschwanstein", thats a bit overblown...

Most of the Castles have one thing in common: they where tailored to fit in the Landscape and make some use of it. Something that is not very well done in Oblivion.

There's something that you could do: Make a castle/Keep/whatever to fit onto the Landscape, i.e. mug around in that Landscape until your castle fits in.

A Nice Place for a Keep is on top of a Hill. The View is not only gorgeous but also of some military use because you could spot enemies from a great Distance. The other Way around, your Enemy sees a giant Castle sitting on top of a Hill, he knows it wont be easy climbing that Hill while your Soldiers throw all Sorts of poo at him, which was quite literal, historically accurate. And when he makes it that far he's standing on the outside of the Walls which seem to get higher and higher as the Enemy gets closer.

If some People decide to pay your Keep a visit, you may want to be prepared. If they can't crack your Walls, they may try to wait it out and lay Siege on you.

Have several Wells in your Castle, with huge pumping gear since you'll have to pull water from great depths. Have many Barrels there as well, People need Food. Have a small stable with Sheep. Some Sieges lasted for a really long time, the longest i know of being the second Siege of Constantinople, 674–678.

No Siege of any Castle took that long, anyone who wants to attack that Castle will do so before he gets too bored.

Any actual Attack may be thwarted by your own Siege machinery you may want to place inside your Castle. Also, have some Blacksmith Fireplaces and some iron Buckets around, burning coal does have quite an Effect on attacking Troops.

Also have Piles of Rocks placed conveniently on top of your Walls, as well as some long Sticks. Both will come in handy against Siege Ladders or Soldiers who'll try to climb them.

If you want a moad, place some wooden Stakes underwater.

Enemies wading through your moat will have to do so as fast as they can, lest they'd be hit by Arrows, Rocks, Coal or something.

It was quite well known that certain "unclean" things are very hazardous to one's health. If enemies wade through the water, which will most likely consist of more then 50% human waste, and they get pierced by the half rotten wooden Stakes, they will die in horrifying Agony, within minutes if a femur Artery is pierced. This will have quite an adverse Effect on the morale of their Comrades.

So, place stakes in the Water, the Kvatch Barrier things will do nicely.

All in all, make a "realistic" Castle. Maybe you'll fit Elderscrolls Lore in there somewhere. In addition to the Troops, some Mages could run around, healing or buffing the Troops. Have some Welkynd Stones and Stone Chest stocked with magicka Potions around.

Maybe you can squeeze a fetchquest in there, in which the Player has to fetch this number of Welkynd Stones and that Number of this Ingredient to make the Castle more Battleready.

To have an actual Battle take Place would be rather difficult. My Suggestions here are for building a Castle, which has, among other Things, the Function of scaring off any Potential Enemy. To do so, it would have to look a bit more functional then any Keep in Oblivion.

Wow man, you really gave me inspiration^^ Thank you so much!

donnu if you know soul reaver 2

but there is some kind of dungeon with several towers in it

it looks something like that picture

i think it´d be pretty cool to have it in oblivion :biggrin:

though i didn´t find that much pictures

or maybe the pillars of nosgoth ( also from soulreaver)

hope that´s something you meant

hmm actually, i meant like, vanilla medieval parts. Im not a modeler so it would be impossible for me to do that in the pic, sry. Any ideas for a medieval construction?^^

I'd like to see an underground worldspace/city with a daedric oblivion theme, also with lots of use of the roots and whatnot from sub-terrainian shivering isles dungeons.

I could use it for my spider daedra race mod.

I'd like to see an underground worldspace/city with a daedric oblivion theme, also with lots of use of the roots and whatnot from sub-terrainian shivering isles dungeons.

I could use it for my spider daedra race mod.

Actually, i was thinking of like, outdoor constructions. Any ideas on one of those? Im thinking of counstructions like this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25646

Not a replica of Pierrics stuff of course, and im not trying to compete with him. I just love to nuild in the CS and im all out of ideas so i need some outdoor architecture ideas. Got any? ^^

How about something like Minas Morgul, from lotr?

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/v2/media/archiv/nebu/orks_minas-morgul.jpg

You can add the lighting in CS, and use castle bits or daedric things

That would be really badass.

How about something like Minas Morgul, from lotr?

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/v2/media/archiv/nebu/orks_minas-morgul.jpg

You can add the lighting in CS, and use castle bits or daedric things

That would be really badass.

hmm i dont know actaully.. I dont know what vanilla pieces i could use to make that. And didnt they already do it in Middle Earth Roleplaying? But its on my list^^ Oh and i forgot to mention; I write down every idea you people post so that i can have something to do all the time^^ So give me all ideas youve got!!

Consider mythology: Glastonbury Tor, in England, is as weird a looking piece of landscape as you will ever likely see. Once it was an island surrounded by a marsh...legends state that there was a gate to an elvish realm at the top of the hill. By the year 40 A.D. (Christian) monks had established a Chapel near the peak of the hill. Upon being confronted by "Demonic" elves the head of the order "cast out" (closed a gate?) to the realm of the devilish elves by using his "magical" staff...jabbing it into the ground opening an everflowing spring with healing properties. The staff became an everblooming Apple tree(whose limbs were used to create magical staffs,chests. and bows) existing at the source of the spring. The monks supposedly had three artifacts...vials of the blood and sweat of Christ and the spear used to pierce the side of Christ. Within a few years the Brothers established a reputation for helping wayfarers coming and going from the holy land. One such journey was undertaken by a wealthy Christian man, two older ladies and a young woman, travelling from the holy land to a sanctuary in France. Some legends state that these people were Joseph of Arimethea, Mary Magdelene, Mary the Mother of Christ and Sara, possibly the daughter of Jesus. They left with the monks an additional artifact "a sacred chalice" or grail. All of these artifacts the monks hid...but told no one where. The monks eventually died of old age, theire chapel fell into disrepair and the location forgotten. Much later as Roman legions left England for good the last Roman general gave his sword (a masterwork) to his favorite commander (possibly his son) who would remain behind to try and stem the tide of northern barbarity. The young man using military strategies taught to him by Roman officers quickly became a "Knight" leading his heavy cavalry into battle and winning evey trial. He established first a fort at the top of the hill, drained the marshes, and established a town at the base of the hill. He also established an enormous monastery near the town. This Christian monastery eventually becomes a 2nd Rome...with extreme wealth hidden in caves beneath the monastery and possibly within the hill itself. The fort eventually becomes a huge castle, home to the greatest Knights of the Realm. The Knight becomes a legendary King and after a murderous quarrel with his son and betrayal from within the court is killed in single combat with his son. He is buried in a tarn upon the hill and his Kingdom was corrupted and destroyed. Upon his grave marker these words were carved: "Here in the Isle of Avallach Lies Arthur, the Once and Future King". Additional: Lancelot (after the death of Arthur) became a hermit, seeking to die in single combat and impossible to defeat. Merlin was imprisoned within a crystal cavern (by his love a sorceress. NOTE: Barbarians, Druids and Goddess worshipers were very much against Christianity and fought against its spread. I think you know the story. Well...there you have it:

1) Weird looking hill

2) Gate to an elvish kingdom

3) Magical spring and Apple tree

4) Hidden Chapel (Ruin)

5) Castle

6) Town

7) Monastery

8) Tomb

9) Multiple artifacts:

a) Blood and Sweat

b) Chalice

c) Sword

d) Bloody Spear (and cloth)

e) Round Table (?)

10) Caves

11) Powerfull Hermit seeking death in single combat

12) Crystal Cavern (Merlin)

13) Hostile Barbarians and Druids

14) Heavy Cavalry and jousting

15) A magical lake (As in, the lady of).

Additional things to throw in: Dragon, Magical Apples (Avallach means Apple, a corrupt spelling is Avalon), Ghosts, magical beasts, warhorses, unicorns, weapons, witches, a jousting field, etc...The Christian theme need not be carried out but it is a wonderful tale. Please note, some of what I wrote is artistic license but the majority is "LEGEND"