Harbinger's Room > Player Home

Bart1965

A search shows something similar has been requested a couple of times and it seems like a simple thing for someone who knows the Creation Kit, so just maybe....

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOLLOW]

I recently finished the Companions' quest line and would like to use Kodlak's old room as a player home. Seems like a very immersive course, no? I was disappointed that while Kodlak's old bed becomes available to the player when s/he becomes Harbinger, it is not player-owned so no chance for well-rested bonuses. And (almost) all the storage still respawns, and etc.

My newly-annointed-Harbinger character has a spartan warrior's style and a lore friendly attitude. I don't want to rebuild Jorrvaskr or fill it with mannequins, just tune up Kodlak's old room a bit and make it a true, basic player home. A search of the Nexus turned up "Jorrvaskr - Harbingers Room Improvement" which looks pretty close to my ideal but does not make the bed player owned, as well as, according to comments, being flawed and abandoned.

Elements I'd like to see in such a mod:

1) Player owned bed.

2) all safe storage, including the display cases.

3) 1 or 2 weapon racks.

4) maybe a mannequin for armor.

5) Optional - follower accomodations, either in the Harbinger's room or make one or two of the other bunks in Jorrvaskr follower-useable.

6) Optional - a display space for the reforged Wuuthrad. I would probably just remake the old plaque upstairs that was used to hold the shards into a plaque for the reforged item. A safe rack or two up in the public area of Jorrvaskr would also be nice, to display trophies from crushed enemies.

7) Very optional but potentially cool - a small quest to do after becoming Harbinger to turn the room into a player home, maybe something like retrieving some rare plant and burning it in the room in a smoking ritual to gently and respectfully release the spirits of old Harbingers.

Any suggestions, or takers to create such a mod?

Would anybody else like to see such a thing?