We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Being attacked by NCR and don't know why. Please help.

MisterKevinSmart

I need some help. I keep getting attacked by members of the NCR. I have tried to play on the side of the NCR, but they are still hostile. I even used console commands to set my NCR reputation to "idolized", but certain members still attack me on sight. If I use an NCR disguise I can be around some NCR members, but some will still attack me. I am currently on the quest "For the Republic, Part 2", but when I head to Hoover Dam to follow along the quest, the NCR members there attack me and I can't do anything about it. I really need help. Can someone please tell me what to do?

I believe I can help you. I know of a bug that plagues that quest but I have never run into that problem myself. Here is what you should do: 1. Go to the New Vegas Nexus. 2. Go to search and type in "For the Republic Part 2." 3. Choose the mod called "For the Republic part 2 quest bug fix." Please make sure to read the description for the mod and see if that will work. That is all I know. If the mod doesn't work or if you play on console, Try reinstalling/restarting New Vegas. If those don't work either, then you will need to contact for help from Bethesda and Obsidian as the game may be broken. I know for a fact that it is rare for someone to find a broken Fallout New Vegas game. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, that's a good question - check your quest list. If you have something called 'Don't Tread On The Bear' active, let me know. If Don't Tread On The Bear is greyed out (inactive), then you've failed it and that's why they're attacking.

Additionally, did you play through the game as NCR-only, or have you completed quests for other factions?