Two ideas that popped into my head

jemiari

1. Visible Smoke When Smoking: When NPCs smoke, I've never noticed any actual visible smoke. On the other hand, there are plenty of instances where smoke will rise out of ashtrays. Really bugs me.

2. Piano Playing: This seems pretty feasible. You could activate a piano and music would start to stream a la a radio and stop when you get up. I don't know if there are currently any piano meshes available, but Umpa Animation apparently includes piano-playing animations.

These are two mods I really hope are implementable. I think they'd add a lot to FO3 when you're relaxing in the Tenpenny lobby or one of your houses and not out killing things in the wasteland.

Yea, smoking cigs is an easy one, shame they are all neverending! :rolleyes:

Piano plaing would be a cool addision to the ambiant animations for NPCs, as would other things such as trumpet, violin, guitar, but I dont know anybody who would even consider the task of rigging that animation!

the problem i had encountered before when trying to add smoke to the smoking animation of npcs is that it would require a timed release of smoke from the mouth. and for all the mucking about i did with the emitter controllers i couldnt come up with a way to time an individual puff of smoke. but i might be able to attach the smoke to the end of the held cigarette, as long as it doesnt end up making every cigarette lying on the ground give off smoke

Neunen's mod only adds smoke to her wearable cigarettes.

wrong.

Besides, it's an add-on to GoA's Usable Cigarettes mod which I don't want to plug-in.

wrong again.

All's said and done, the actual smoking animations in FO3 are still very much smokeless.

moving the goalposts.

try clicking the link i gave you.

good luck with your requests.

I've used Neunen's mod before, Verbal Earthworm, so I'm pretty sure I'm right on both counts. I'm not looking for a mod that adds PC-smokeable cigarettes to the game and stat boosts/penalties to them, allows you to bum a cigarette off any NPC or wear a smoke-emitting cigarette on your mouth. Simply one that adds visible smoke to smoking animations.

Neunen, I really hope you figure out how to make that work properly one day. I liked your/GoA's mods a lot, but I wasn't fond of how they turned cigarettes into chems or how the smoking animations stalled inventory access, so I decided to pass. Great work, anyhow.