creating land

rensole

Hey guys its me again,

Im currently creating a map of a harbor but i cant seem to create the land beneath it.

I looked through a couple of topics on the wiki page of the G.E.C.K. but i still cant find a solution to my problem.

If anyone out there knows how I can go about to creating land and stuff it would be greatly apreciated.

Thx in forward guys

i followed a tutorial & it turns out it takes ruthly 10hours to make a worldspace.

it stops responding after a while but you can continue where you left of but it adds anothe hour each time you do.

youd be better downloading a worldspace someone else has made & then delateing all the stuff from it or useing one of the test cells & renameing it to what you want it to be called.

i followed a tutorial & it turns out it takes ruthly 10hours to make a worldspace.

it stops responding after a while but you can continue where you left of but it adds anothe hour each time you do.

youd be better downloading a worldspace someone else has made & then delateing all the stuff from it or useing one of the test cells & renameing it to what you want it to be called.

How the hell does it take you 10 hours to make a worldspace?

How the hell does it take you 10 hours to make a worldspace?

It takes this long (as I understand) because it generates an enormous mesh somewhat procedurally from the heightmap, and so this can take a while.

It can take much longer. I've seen an average of 2.5 days in the stuff I'm working on (and my computer is no slouch). Some tutorials I've seen suggest that it can take up to 12 days.

It eats RAM and processor pretty hard, so so the specs on any particular rig can vary the length of time considerably.