Scariest Place in Oblivion

CrazyChao

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Vanilla: The Dreamworld quest. Pretty spooky.

Mod: Gates to Aesgarde Part 1: Very very spooky mod. Night Eye effects truely ruin the experience :P The visions are awesome.

Vanilla: None

Mods: Banes Witchking Lair was okay at the start because it was a regular tower portal from oblivion. At the end, it was getting screepy and very hard.

• 2 months later...

Vanilla:Maybe Deepscorn Hollow

Yesterday I stayed alone in the house, lights turned off , hedphones =sound maximum and music within deepscorn Hollow scared the hell out'a me!

Modded: GTAesgard probbably

Last Month Almosed get lost in the house having visions of it

Vanilla:

Arkved's Tower still gives me the shivers.Every part of it,especialy that long deadric bridge surrounded by a void of darkness.

Modded:

Gates to Aesgard.It was So damn scary i never really finnished it.

Also on the list I'll add the warlock pocked dimentions from "The Lost Spires".The sky always gave me the chills.

Vanilla:

I am almost never scared of the spooky things,but Cullote was awesome,you can guess that something isn't right,because of the dead silence when you enter the ruin,and them,woohoo,zombies at the back.Though,I wanted to see someone alive for a change in those ruins,maybe some insane survivors or something,that would be more scarier. :thumbsup:

Carac Agaialor,first time when I played Oblivion.Because I didn't know what's gonna happen,and ol'Mankar was sharpening for a fight.That's scary,when you don't know what is going to happen next,constant tension. :wink:

Mods:

I played Gates To Aesgaard,both of the parts back then,and even they are both extremely well done and a lot of work was put into,I wasn't scared at all.Actually,it was fun to run deeper and deeper through that sick and twisted world,heaps of combat and interesting enemies.But,blood and gorefest doesn't scare me at all,it is usually meant to gross you,as Dario Argento's movies,which I also have in my movie collection.Usually,what can scare me is something unusual and not known,it does not need to have blood included at all,neither monsters or vampires or such.

Gates to Aesgaard 1 gave me a quick horrifying feeling indeed,as if anyone remembers,there is that house in the Aesgaar world,which looks similar to Bruma,and that house looks exactly the same as Baelin's house,in vanilla,the wood elf you have to kill in DB questline.So there is the same chair where he was sitting at his last moments,and there was blood on it.When I went upstaires,there is the same passage which leads you to where the rope of the stuffed head was tied up.And there,on THAT place,where your character stood,an open coffin was placed. That detail scared me a bit,very good paralel on vanilla quest and awesome idea.I was like,whoa,now you just succesfully played with my mind for a second there,lol. :biggrin:

Now,what reall 'bought' me in the matter of fear,were many moments of the 'Tears Of The Fiend' mod.And that mod is the best one I played when I played Oblivion.Great story,thrilling and bone chilling,excellent developed characters,it can scare the hell outta you,it can make you to feel uncomfortable with the characters and yourself too,it really hit the top of every genre.Overall,the whole mod is scary.All of it.Especially when you go to those caves to dig.Excellent.The most scariest thing for me was that I found some similarities and paralels to my own life and past when I played through this mod.

I mean,I never saw a daedroth in real life,never lived in Cheydinhal,nor spent time with resurrected dead people :tongue: , but yeah...It reminded me on certain situations and decisions from my past.

It would be cool to see a daedroth in real life,wouldn't it? :thumbsup:

I'd offer a friendship to it and we'd go frenzy on the neighborhood. :biggrin:

Good hunting

Captain Moranda