Scariest Place in Oblivion

CrazyChao

Well, considering I couldn't play Dungeons of Ivellon without having my boyfriend, little brother and best friend with me while playing, and even then I sometimes got so freaked out I had to make someone else play while I just watched and whimpered at everything that moved, I'd have to say Dungeons of Ivellon is the scariest mod out there. But then again, I haven't tried Gates to Aesgaard yet, but after reading the earlier posts I think I'll give it a shot, sounds scary. And even though I'm a total wuss, I like being scared. ^_^

In Vanilla Oblivion, the only things that ever freaked me out at all were the cellarplace of the haunted house of Anvil and the Dark Brotherhood-quest that had the mother's head and the really freaky diary in it. Oh yeah, and the Oblivion gate-closing expeditions had me totally disgusted and edgy, what with all the hanging corpses and everything. Just.... eww.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll give it a shot, sounds scary. And even though I'm a total wuss, I like being scared. ^_^

I know you'll enjoy yourself,I almost pee'd my pants at one point,but I think playing in the dark with headphones on and my GF grabbing me from behind had a lot to do with it!

I was very hesitant in the dreamworld, it just seemed very eerie and creepy, so I saved it before every corner or door.

Other than that, nothing, except looking at those old rotten corpes with guts hangin out gets kind of annoying.

• 1 month later...

A recent discovery of mine is The Oubliette by TES Alliance, it's a Halloween 2009 mega mod.

It's available on NEXUS and their site as well via mirror at a big bump in dl speed because of no cap. It's 250 mb.

If you want dark, creepy, complex, rewarding and unique you really should check it out, surprisingly so few have! For such a megamod there were no glitches or flaws and I'd rate it a perfect 10/10...12 modders, 12 'levels' & 16+ hours for me. As much as I relished the experience I truly couldn't wait to escape back to safe and tame Tamriel.

But be warned: seriously not for the weak of heart or character

I also love running Ivellon, GTA1 & 2, HOD, beta Underdark & Adense Epic Dungeon...all of 'em dark n' creepy.

My poor Dryad and Courtesan will never be the same!

The first time I slept in Benirus Manor, I nearly crapped myself.

And Gates to Aesgaard... two of the best mods ever. I replaced all of the dungeon and battle music with the original score from the Fatal Frame series...

Omigawd, best and worst idea all at the same time.

Okay, I only read the first page so I do not know if the topic changed at anypoint but

Vanilla: Fort Something, It's that place where you waltz into an open grave yrad and zombies start attacking, Zombies creep me out a bit (which is kind of wierd,, I play as a major necromancer, 6th element, Darkness unleashed, I have it all) Or benerous manner, I just read that one, yeah, Eiries, I have to agree with you on that one

Shivering Isles: In main quest dungeon where the failed experiments come back to life.

Mod: Deffinatly in the md "GENOCIDE," A non public mod, but my god, gates to aesguard has nothing on this, I still have nightmares,

Let me explain,

As you walk through something called "The Halls Of Inferiority" you are confronted with horror movie like scenes, It's kind of like F.E.A.R. meets Dead Space with a hint of Left 4 Dead. God If Jeremyknight6143 decides to release it, download it, it is the best Survival Horror mod I have ever seen!!!!

(And It's sweet doing it with your personalized oblivion character!)