Scariest Place in Oblivion

CrazyChao

Vanilla: Nowhere really, as I usuially grab a Nighteye spell early on in the game. But without a Nighteye, I'd have to say those dark, misty ruins. The ones where you NEED a torch to even find your way from room to room. All filled with skellies...silent skellies...sneaking up behind you...

Oh God I wish there were shotguns in Oblivion. Shotgun = instant courage

Modded: GtA series. To be specific, Episode 2, the lands of Nowhere. With the faceless naked skin ladies. In the dark...

*Fumbles for a massive Light + Detect Life spell*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanilla: Nowhere really, as I usuially grab a Nighteye spell early on in the game. But without a Nighteye, I'd have to say those dark, misty ruins. The ones where you NEED a torch to even find your way from room to room. All filled with skellies...silent skellies...sneaking up behind you...

Oh God I wish there were shotguns in Oblivion. Shotgun = instant courage

Modded: GtA series. To be specific, Episode 2, the lands of Nowhere. With the faceless naked skin ladies. In the dark...

*Fumbles for a massive Light + Detect Life spell*

I have a mauser in oblivion, It's like a shotgun. (He He He Boom!)

Vanilla - Arkved's Tower. So strange......Makes me feel like I have Alice in Wonderland syndrome at this one part. And that he had a deep endless void in his home, and Daedra. And Spikes sticking out around him while he sleeps for all eternity.

You know, I've never used torches at all. I mean, maybe once or twice in the beginning but I just didn't see the point.

I got a hold of a Ring of Light early and mostly used that one, primarly because I liked the idea of my character glowing in the dark, but then I stopped as I found rings I'd rather use and just went without any lightsources. Most of the time, I can see just fine in the dungeons.

Vanilla: Certain dungeons or forts. Not really that atmosphere about it.. but sometimes if i have the music off or low or the headphones off and don't listen to the music and i stroll around thinking i killed everything and then BAM out of nowhere this dude is hurling a flippin warhammer an inch from my face it scares the pants off me!

Modded: I don't play a whole lot of mods that have the category to scare me. Not that i dont like em, just that normally i use mods such as armor, spell additions, gameplay changes.. blah. I rarely use mods actually lol. Anyways... sorry to admit.. but..

I think its called 28 days and thensome or something like that. Its basically a zombie outbreak custom made by the player to how intense. Sometimes when i don't realize my companions have been infected and suddenly turn zombie on me.. or one sometimes gets up behind me after being killed when im attacking another i get SCARED outa my boots! ZOMG i mean it man! that mod scares me everytime i play it and i LOVE IT SO MUCH. god i WANNA PLAY THAT AGAIN NOW!

Modded: Fort Death. Yes i know im part of the development team and all, but a little bit ago, in an outdated version of the mod that is absalutely a throwaway file, i tested some things out by adding a bunch of corners nicks and crap and added zombies and random spawns and went to town on the fort. While playing I.. umm.. forgot a couple npcs lol. The atmosphere definetly is sorta scary when the lighting is dimmed down and the guard NPCs havent been created yet.. Its very big.. a lot of dungeon cells.. and a lot of turns... so when you take one turn and are ambushed by a forgotten placed zombie.. Ya its always the suprise npc that scares me lol. ESPECIALLY for some reason zombies! Oddly enough when i get suprised by skeletons i laugh rather than get scared... cause.. well.. you cant help but feel sorry for a dude when their only defence is decomposing bones left to the environment and i have a big bashing smashing blunt weapon with me that the weight alone sitting on ti will break it..

Scariest place in Oblivion? That's going to be a hard one. I do think that sometimes caves that you revist that have long been emptied of loot and enemies can be scary (like wellspring cave after that one Mages Guild quest). Also, scary are some of the secrets that you may find in the basements of certain houses in the game. Generally, hard-to-find places, or abandoned ones are the scariest places in Oblivion, at least in my opinion.

I haven't really found anything in a mod yet though, that I really found scary enough to mention.

• 3 weeks later...