Who wants to test out my mod?

ElijahHouck

I've been working for months on recreating my hometown (I'd say I'm probably 30-40% done), and I need someone to test something for me. I will allow two people to test this- first come first serve. I can't get my WorldSpaces to generate LOD objects or trees. I need someone else to test and see if it's a problem somehow with my mod, or if its only my computer/GECK installation.

And since you're nice enough to test this for me, that also means you'll get a sneak peak at what's to come in a few months, before anyone else. You'll be free to explore the unfinished town of Alton, Illinois and play through the first part of the questline that goes along with it.

Remember, you have to have the GECK installed and test out the LOD problem first. And only two people! :)

I have GECK (I even placed stuff in the game world, but I can't really mod the game, just little things)

Also, I have alotta testing experience (well, for GTA SA, but it's still mod testing :D )

So hook me up, I won't let ya down

I found that when I tried to create new LOD for objects that I got error messages for missing .TSA files. I was able to overcome that by extracting .DDS files with the same filename and converting them to .TSA files with PhotoShop and placing those in appropriately named folders in my data directory. I had to make quite a few before the GECK was happy and made the object LODs.

I had thought about uploading those .TSA files as a modder's resource, but I don't know if everyone is missing the same .TSA files. I have seen that some people have no problem at all with them.