Museum expansion: war of independance wing

Strofkocz

So yeah I always wanted to explore the rest of the museum of american history, all those wings so tantilizingly off limits

I may or may not do all the wings depending on my attention span

right now I am working on the war of independance wing, not much to do really, making a museum wing in GECK is simple enough, I already made a cavalry sabre, flintlock musket, as well as a purcussion cap shotgun thing, texture work aint that great, and I didnt do any research on what was actually used during the conflict so the historical innacuracy may bother some people but meh.

I have decided to kinda ignore general historic facts, when it comes to equpiment, and whatnot just because the fallout universe is already an alternate one ot our own, and because I cant be bothered to make all sorts of muskets that basically act the same, I want to kinda rape history and add in some rather farfetched weapons (IE man portable gatling)

P.S. IN NEED OF A TEXTURE ARTIST,

my textures are rather sub par, and I dont have the patience for them, I usually nick them from vanilla items

IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHANGE A THREAD NAME? my mispell is bothering me thoroughly...

after far too much time I finally understand nifskope and got some stuff in game. sorry for large file size

(once again could really use a texture artist)

SCREENSHOTS BELOW (wait for them to load)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/Nethoras/ScreenShot13.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/Nethoras/ScreenShot20.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/Nethoras/ScreenShot17.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/Nethoras/ScreenShot15.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/Nethoras/ScreenShot14.jpg

hey I could do some textures for you

I'm pretty able with photoshop, and I used to texture buildings/weapons/clothes/skin and made PJs for SA mods.

if u want to see some of my stuff, PM me and I'll work with you on this one

cheers :D

From here they make geurilla strikes against the upper levels attempting to asassinate members of the upper class, recruit new members and most importantly get vital food and water.

Just one thing... if this portion of the museum has been sealed off from the world since the war, where has the food come from that has kept this rather large group of people alive so long? Another inexhaustible supply of algae like they have in Little Lamplight? If that were the case, then it would seem like the people down in the damp maintenance tunnels would be the top dogs with the food and water.

They ate corn, lots of dried up corn throughout the museum exhibits, they ciltivated it in a scenic field under a glass roof that used to be the stage for daily reenactments.

kinda far fetched, but meh, Im considering adding horses (not mountable) over the brahmin skeleton, if I can pull that off without failing horridly, then that could also be a food source :P

So you are saying that the nuclear war caused part of the museum to collapse and trap the inhabitants but didn't destroy the glass roof? And that the inhabitants now have an entire ecosystem in the National Museum of History, advanced agriculture made possible by the Museum's vast stores of corn, and a herd of horses that are descended from the ones that were stabled in the Museum before the war; but that that they could not figure out how to escape the building?

I could maybe suspend disbelief if the survivors were trapped in the basement of the building under tons of debris, living off algae, a colony of giant ants and cannibalism. Your scenario seems to stretch the plausability of an already implausible game beyond belief.

What is the advantage to staging this all indoors at a museum instead of outdoors?

who cares? Im not going to make some kind of fool proof reason for all this to happen, its just the story, in case you havent noticed half the fallout story is based off poo that really wouldnt have happened and is very flukey, Super mutants.... ghouls?

I kinda gave up on the foolproof logic thing a while ago.

yeah, and horses eat corn.

So you are saying that the nuclear war caused part of the museum to collapse and trap the inhabitants but didn't destroy the glass roof? And that the inhabitants now have an entire ecosystem in the National Museum of History, advanced agriculture made possible by the Museum's vast stores of corn, and a herd of horses that are descended from the ones that were stabled in the Museum before the war; but that that they could not figure out how to escape the building?

I could maybe suspend disbelief if the survivors were trapped in the basement of the building under tons of debris, living off algae, a colony of giant ants and cannibalism. Your scenario seems to stretch the plausability of an already implausible game beyond belief.

What is the advantage to staging this all indoors at a museum instead of outdoors?

I agree, but it's just an Idea, not a bad one ofcourse, I think some other mods for Fallout 3 are Stupid... and Stupid... and Stupid.

BTW the saber looks Yummy, pretty much something that was missing in game... yes, that chinese sword is too short!

I recommend making it look even more rusted, with photoshop doing this isn't too hard as some noobs think :D.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/Nethoras/wipshots_I.png

a few new meshes, the gatling is still WIP.

I've kinda leaned towards blackpowder era wing, as oposed to war of indipenedance wing, just because the single conflict doesnt give me enough variety in weapons for me to have any fun. I will probably change the wing to "the era of black powder" or something.

The small thing is corn, and the other thing is a field gun, (lacking the carriage obviously)