A question of Availibility ...?

TolkiensMinds

HI, im new to these forums. I had a quick question about the availability of a certain mod if it exist. Is there a Mod out there that outputs text information in combat, such as hit rolls, damage rolls ect. Like the old fallout/baldurs gate D&D games. Maybe a small text field add on to the HUD that outputs combat data. I just downloaded the pseudo turnbased mod right now and am going to try it out, but i sure would love to see more detailed damage text/rules implementation. Fallout 3 is a excellent game, it just seems dumbed down abit for the masses. I know the dices rolls are there behind the scenes, I would just like to see a mod pull those rules from out behind the curtain. Im new to this games mod scene , so any suggestions on certain mods with a classic RPG/D&D fell would be greatly appreciated, as I love those games.

Thank you.

Are you serious bro, I hope your not, cause if you are thats sad. I never implied that people were stupid, I said that the game was dumbed down, not the people, AND THATS A FACT< it was dumb down, although its still very fun, and an excellent edidtion to the series. If you dont have any imput thats helpfull, then please dont waste your time, and mine with post like that. For the masses means that the FPS ascept targets the WIDE majority of gammers who dont want to be bothered with turn based play, and slow , thought out combat, which is fine, nothing wrong with that, its preferance.. Rpgs are NOT as popular in the maket as a good old fashion Shooter<FACT>. IF youve ever played the old fallouts you would know exactly what im talking about. I dont wish to get into a debate, im NOT a forum person, Id rather be playing, I dont like posting. In fact i only registered for alittle help, theres a million and one mods, and its hard to know which ones are good or not, or available. All I wanted was alittle help and I thought maybe old time FAllout RPG lovers could point me in the direction to help make the game alittle more familar to the way it once was, with the help of mod/haks

thats all., no conspercy, no insult to FPS lovers, no insult to the MASSES, Read and try and understand, dont be so dense and take things so personal,, it shows major insecurity.

peace.

So you meant that the game was dumbed down for the masses of games, not the unwashed masses of lesser mortals. Got it.

I dont wish to get into a debate, im NOT a forum person

Yes, that is apparent.

Read and try and understand, dont be so dense and take things so personal,, it shows major insecurity.

I don't suppose you see that last bit as insulting either. I actually offered some friendly advice, because I DO know what happens to people who flame on this forum. But I will acquiese to your request and offer no further information.

Have fun with your funny shaped dice and scratch paper.

To answer the original question, no. I have found no mod that adds the play-by-play text from FO1 or 2. Shame, that stuff could be pretty funny.

As for hit rolls and damage rolls, I don't think there is anything either. Stuff would only apply to vats, too. I can't imagine a turn-based mod functioning properly, hope it works out for you.