Patrolling issues

Prosthetics

This may sound like a noob question to some of you guys, but I have been stumped on why this is happening. I set up patrol routes for NPCs acting as guards for a building mod I am making, but for some reason when I leave the building, and then re-enter it, the patrolling doesn't work, and it seems like the NPC is stuck at an xmarkerheading. When I wait for an hour, they suddenly appear at the next marker. Sandboxing seems to be fine, although there might be issues with that too but I haven't found any glaring at me. Any ideas what the problem is?

Have you checked the patrol data for the xmarkers? If it is set to a large number then the NPC will stay at that location until that time is up. If you want them to reach the marker and then immediately move on, set the time to zero. Other possibilites are problems with your NavMesh or too tight a proximity requirement in the patrol AI package. If you have programmed the allowable distance to the marker to be zero, and then flag that the NPC must reach the location, there might be something preventing them from accepting that they have reached zero. Loosen up the proximity requirements a bit ( I usually use binary multiples like 16 or 32 out of habit ) so that they can call it close enough and move on.

Thats the thing that is perplexing to me though, the patrolling works fine when I load my save gave within the cell I was editing, but when I leave it to go outside and come back in while in game, they stall and the patrol data screws up something. The navmesh looks fine to me and the patrol data looks good though.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2a6m58x.jpg

Thats the thing that is perplexing to me though, the patrolling works fine when I load my save gave within the cell I was editing, but when I leave it to go outside and come back in while in game, they stall and the patrol data screws up something. The navmesh looks fine to me and the patrol data looks good though.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2a6m58x.jpg

Having no low level processing checked off on your NPCs can give a bad effect. I've had to struggle with stalled AI packages too, and they are maddening. I have had some success adding scripts that force the NPCs to evalutate their AI packages on command. Placing an evp OnLoad script on them might help. If they are in an interior cell then a script that makes the effected NPCs evp when the player gets in the same cell might help too.